RELEASED Cowboys release Kony Ealy

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Ward was a bit of a disappointment, wasn't he?
Here's hoping that they all get to the quarterback!!! ALOT!!!
Yeah, I was hoping to see more from Ward given the hype. He flashed a little here and there but I don't know that it was enough.
If you got Collins, Crawford & Irving (when he gets back) inside I think they can definitely get after the QB big time.
They seem to really like Woods who really helped against the run by clogging the middle & Price seems like their backup nose tackle.
Tell you what man, I'm really excited about D law & Gregory coming off the edges.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Fleming and Thompson will both make the roster so don't expect any more comps.

Manster68

Reaction score
really excited about our DLine...especially at DE....DLaw,Taco,Gregory and D.A.
:starspin:BRING IT.:starspin:

See, even in the Doomsday years, I don't know if the Cowboys ever had four edge rushers this good.

Don't get me wrong - Harvey Martin and Too Tall Jones are still Dallas' best ever bookend Duo of Defensive Ends. However, who were behind them that could rush the passer like these guys?
I would be re-missed if I didn't mention Haley and Tolbert (90s), Andree (RIP) and Cole (early 70s), and Ware and Spencer (00s).

I am so excited to watch these guys a week from Sunday to go after Cam.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Yeah he showed nothing in preseason and training camp. I was excited when they brought him in but he just doesn't have anything
Other guys more worthy of a spot than Ealy. Glad didn’t waste on him

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Naw, he was cut. Comp picks are only awarded for guys that leave via free agency.

The comp equation counts players lost and signed. Cutting Ealy means he no longer counts against us as a player signed, which could mean an extra comp pick for players lost -- assuming Hitchens, Cooper, Butler and/or Wilber are not released. At a minimum, it protects the comp pick for Hitchens if one of Cooper/Butler/Wilber gets cut.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it does, signing him meant 1 less comp pick from this PAST offseason, I think either a 6th for Jonathan Cooper or a 7th for Kyle Wilber. Now that we cut him, he no longer counts

Right.
As I beleove he was a FA from the Jets.

Unless the Jets cut him, but I don’t think they did, I beleove he was a FA.
Probably best to go back an look to be sure.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think any moves made after the May 8th deadline affect the comp pick calculation so I don't think this helps us. However, I could be wrong. We need a free agency expert to chime in.

That May 8th date is for FA Signed after that date do not count. Ealy was signe before that date.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I choose not to recognize her reign lol
Miss Elizabeth Forever!

giphy.gif

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Tapper faked an injury last night, he'll probably be put on IR all year ala Rico last year.
They said he passed the concussion protocol last night and could have came back in the game, but he had already reached his snap count.