RELEASED Cowboys release Kony Ealy

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So the DE rotation is Lawrence, Gregory, Charlton, and Armstrong? With Crawford mixing in there sometimes? I'LL TAKE THAT!!!

The DTs should be Collins, Irving (after suspension), Crawford, Ward, and who...?

Not who, Woods. Although I'm unsure Ward is part of the group.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Lewis Neal got cut too. Remember when he was overvalued?

I liked what he showed last year. It earned him a place on the practice spot and then a place in the rotation when others were injured.

This year, not so much.

The Natural

Reaction score
Another Stephen/McClay special that doesnt even make it to the final roster

Bluefin

Reaction score
It is kind of nice to have a deep DL where you can cut a player like Ealy and not care.
Hell, it made me quite happy.

Kony Ealy is now the kind of player that is sitting on his couch during the season waiting to get a call because of an injury.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It is kind of nice to have a deep DL where you can cut a player like Ealy and not care.

Deep at end, not sure at tackle yet. The Cowboys didn't need Ealy once Armstrong turned out to be a surprise and Randy Gregory was reinstated. But I'm still on the fence inside where Antwuan Woods is going to have to play a big role; especially early in the season.

Carson

Reaction score
Deep at end, not sure at tackle yet. The Cowboys didn't need Ealy once Armstrong turned out to be a surprise and Randy Gregory was reinstated. But I'm still on the fence inside where Antwuan Woods is going to have to play a big role; especially early in the season.

Not sure ... but trending up at tackle!

Collins moving back to his natural position at the 3 and Woods coming on.

Bluefin

Reaction score
from Todd Archer
The Cowboys signed Ealy to a one-year deal in April that included a $200,000 signing bonus, but that was before the Cowboys selected Dorance Armstrong in the fourth round and had Randy Gregory return from a yearlong suspension.

Had Ealy made the Cowboys' 53-man roster for the first week, his $800,000 base salary would have been guaranteed and he would have earned a $100,000 roster bonus. He had another $150,000 in roster bonuses he could have made for the rest of the season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So the DE rotation is Lawrence, Gregory, Charlton, and Armstrong? With Crawford mixing in there sometimes? I'LL TAKE THAT!!!

The DTs should be Collins, Irving (after suspension), Crawford, Ward, and who...?
Id take Ried over Ward

RoboQB

Reaction score
tenor.gif

I was 20+ years younger for just a moment... loved the Macho Man (or Macho King, as he is here).
Nice!