Twitter: Cowboys release S Will Allen

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder who is out there that they want to bring in so they get rid of him now.

Wonder if it is going to be a DT since the Ratliff stuff is coming out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm a little shocked by this. He wasn't the starter and he was a vet who I thought was decent in a backup role. I wonder will they replace him with more than a simple PS guy....?

perrykemp

Reaction score
This is pretty damn shocking considering how green Wilcox's and Church's limited ability to help with pass coverage.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess they could feel that Wilcox is doing good enough that they can let WA go now. But one would think it is more in line of bringing in another player on the D-Line.

dware94

Reaction score
I wonder if this makes room to bring up Vega from the practice squad.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Who are both also rated in the top half of the league for safeties.

For a team tracking to give up the most passing TDs in the history of the NFL and a team that managed to give up 450+ yards in the last two games to RBs and TEs.

Most recently, according to PFF (for what it is worth), Church was the 2nd worst pass defender on the team vs Denver.

bark

Reaction score
Surprised by this. Got to be more moves coming

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
doesnt surprise me, he was terrible last few games and caused a bad penalty against denver. couldnt even be a decent back up

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Horrible attitude. You could see it when he was on the field Sunday. He looked disinterested when he was playing and pouted when he wasn't.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Surprised by this. Got to be more moves coming

Ok, I know I'm gonna get blasted for this, but here goes nothing. I say trade for Jarius Byrd and, obviously, have him play FS. Keep Wilcox at SS, and do what the Giants did a couple of years ago and put Church basically at WLB, Lee at MLB, and Carter at SLB. GET YOUR BEST 11 ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Torch away.................LOL

perrykemp

Reaction score
Ok, I know I'm gonna get blasted for this, but here goes nothing. I say trade for Jarius Byrd and, obviously, have him play FS. Keep Wilcox at SS, and do what the Giants did a couple of years ago and put Church basically at WLB, Lee at MLB, and Carter at SLB. GET YOUR BEST 11 ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Torch away.................LOL

I agree with the moving Church to WLB part -- he could be a Brian Urlacher type pass defender from that position while still handling the run.

Gameover

Reaction score
For a team tracking to give up the most passing TDs in the history of the NFL and a team that managed to give up 450+ yards in the last two games to RBs and TEs.

Most recently, according to PFF (for what it is worth), Church was the 2nd worst pass defender on the team vs Denver.

Church played his worst game of the season on Sunday.