Twitter: Cowboys release S Will Allen

Nirvana

Reaction score
We need a nickel linebacker, a vet who can read the qb and cover an rb or te. Anybody out there like that?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Neither does troy, but that does not stop him

Polamalu? Church isn't even close to the level of athlete and disruptive talent Polamalu was in his prime.Also, Polamalu played similarly to how Church currently is. He was never used as a LB as was suggested for Church in this thread. Church would get absolutely eaten alive at WLB and at that position, wouldn't even give us any help in covering tight ends.

Church needs to stay exactly where he is and keep developing. Lee and Carter need another year in this system to get back to their high level of play. And, as much as it pains me to say it because I have never thought it necessary for an elite D, this team needs to hit a home run with a FS even if it means opening the piggy bank.

None of that will matter, however if we can't get pressure with the front-four. So, DL has to be addressed and greatly upgraded first.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Polamalu? Church isn't even close to the level of athlete and disruptive talent Polamalu was in his prime.Also, Polamalu played similarly to how Church currently is. He was never used as a LB as was suggested for Church in this thread. Church would get absolutely eaten alive at WLB and at that position, wouldn't even give us any help in covering tight ends.

Church needs to stay exactly where he is and keep developing. Lee and Carter need another year in this system to get back to their high level of play. And, as much as it pains me to say it because I have never thought it necessary for an elite D, this team needs to hit a home run with a FS even if it means opening the piggy bank.

None of that will matter, however if we can't get pressure with the front-four. So, DL has to be addressed and greatly upgraded first.

Yeah, you make some valid points

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm really not surprised. I knew he wasn't going to last after the opener. Will Allen is awful.

And the fact that a defense giving up that kind of yards there are still guys they feel are better then him tells you just how awful he is.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Good, I love to see this from the team.

It is the kind of move we wouldn't have seen in past seasons for several different reasons. Things are different now though.

Does it show that Dallas made a bad free agency decision? It doesn't matter because Allen wasn't playing well and his attitude wasn't very good.

Cutting a vet and playing young, unknown players? It doesn't matter because Allen wasn't playing well and his attitude wasn't very good.

You can bet the rest of the team sees this and is taking note.

Shades of Jimmy Johnson

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's interesting, though, that this cut was made and a corresponding pickup was not announced. Makes it look like it really was sending a message more than freeing up a roster spot to bring in someone to help fix the coverage problem. I guess we'll see what move we actually end up making in the next day or so.

Ah, here it is. Hat-tip to Mr Cowboy:

jakar hamilton ‏@JakarHamilton23 11m
Wanna thank God for the blessings n bring me this far got moved I must go even harder

Last edited: