Twitter: Cowboys release S Will Allen

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Retraction: I thought I saw the new CB Greenwood on Special Teams but in double-checking it appears that he was not active after all.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Through 5 games, PFF has Church with a 115.8 QB rating when QBs throw against him (17 attempts, 13 completions, 1 TD allowed, 0 Interceptions, 1 Passes Defensed).
Anyone who thinks Church is going to be more than an in the box safety is badly mistaken. He's a lot like RW I think in that, he's great when he can play going forward and tackle, but he's never going to be an outstanding cover guy.

Although I like him, and think he's a good guy to have on your team, I think the defense would be improved if you could move JJ to SS and bring in a true ballhawk at FS.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I could of named several Defensive problems against the Broncos and not sure I would of mentioned this name..........

Gameover

Reaction score
Through 5 games, PFF has Church with a 115.8 QB rating when QBs throw against him (17 attempts, 13 completions, 1 TD allowed, 0 Interceptions, 1 Passes Defensed).

Our LB and S are non existent.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

What does that even mean lol? Where are the yards at? And maybe its just me but 13 completions in 5 games doesn't seem that terrible.

Plankton

Reaction score
Maybe it's like Jerry Garcia and the Dead, where they would kill off a drummer every few years to keep Jerry alive.

In this case, it's defensive players and Monte Kiffin............

perrykemp

Reaction score
What does that even mean lol? Where are the yards at? And maybe its just me but 13 completions in 5 games doesn't seem that terrible.

Sorry I forgot to include yards -- he's allowed 124 (again, according to PFF).

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
He wasn't very good, but thought he provided depth at a position in which we have none. Also, wasn't he a uniting force in the locker room?

Has to be for a DL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to include yards -- he's allowed 124 (again, according to PFF).

Oh okay see I didn't know if they included yards or not which is why I sort of rulled it out. I mean I don't know I guess you would like for it to be better and the QB rating looks terrible but 124 yards in 5 games? Doesn't seem to bad to me.....especially since we've given up so many yards.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Oh okay see I didn't know if they included yards or not which is why I sort of rulled it out. I mean I don't know I guess you would like for it to be better and the QB rating looks terrible but 124 yards in 5 games? Doesn't seem to bad to me.....especially since we've given up so many yards.

124 yards tells me that PFF hasn't assigned a whole lot of direct pass coverage to Church. It's not a huge sample size for sure.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Ok, I know I'm gonna get blasted for this, but here goes nothing. I say trade for Jarius Byrd and, obviously, have him play FS. Keep Wilcox at SS, and do what the Giants did a couple of years ago and put Church basically at WLB, Lee at MLB, and Carter at SLB. GET YOUR BEST 11 ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Torch away.................LOL

I would be right with you on this but Church can't cover worth nothing. Bring in another SS type who has better hands for WILL. The WLB has a lot of coverage responsibility.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
His "I just work here" remark after being demoted i guess was his attitude as well...

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Except Urlacher had the size and strength to fight off blockers. Church does not.

Urlacher was a MLB. Why not bring in Urlacher at MLB and move Lee to WLB? Urlacher certainly knows the D and all the coverage breakdowns should be mitigated. Landry loved players who were also coaches on the field.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I wonder if Pellerin will be brought up from the PS or Jakar Hamilton. Perhaps some other team was inquiring about one of these players and the Cowboys decided they would rather keep them than Allen.

Could also be Vega as others have pointed out.