Twitter: Cowboys release S Will Allen

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Good, I love to see this from the team.

It is the kind of move we wouldn't have seen in past seasons for several different reasons. Things are different now though.

Does it show that Dallas made a bad free agency decision? It doesn't matter because Allen wasn't playing well and his attitude wasn't very good.

Cutting a vet and playing young, unknown players? It doesn't matter because Allen wasn't playing well and his attitude wasn't very good.

You can bet the rest of the team sees this and is taking note.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Is this it?!! They give up 51 points at home and three 400+ passing yards in 5 games, and they cut a back-up safety.

"Let's cut Allen. There, that'll fix the problem or at least send a message to the team." (Sarcasm)

They should have cut Kiffin.

bark

Reaction score
Jerry probably thinks since we played the class of the league down to the wire, that we are one shiny toy away from a Super Bowl .
Next yrs first for a flashy wide receiver baby.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Spags replied to my tweet and said Vega is possible or a DB that can cover down the seam.

Broaddus is saying PS call up LB or DB with no trades in the works.

Spags also was joking about bring Woodson out of retirement with fans and told it to Garrett. Garrett said Woody would figure out a way to get the job done.

Proximo

Reaction score
If they call up Ratliff from PUP next week, the Cowboys can use a three week roster exemption on him. No need to cut a player for him right away. I have a feeling the Cowboys are going to call up Vega, Hamilton, or Pellerin from the practice squad....

I'm guessing this here is most likely the case. I really don't see some sensational trade happening out of the blue.

Also, I think Will Allen served his purpose; the organization obviously liked Wilcox quite a bit coming out and Allen figured to be a stop gap at best. Our safety situation is a lot better now than it has been in quite awhile. I'm just wondering what position they call up from the practice squad.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wonder who is out there that they want to bring in so they get rid of him now.

Wonder if it is going to be a DT since the Ratliff stuff is coming out.

Has the Ratliff stuff come out? I only heard one third hand blurb from a poster from a radio host about a JJ quote that was never followed up on. But aside from that... a D lineman makes sense.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not a fan of this but he must have pissed off the coaches for this drastic step.

Zordon

Reaction score

It is the kind of move we wouldn't have seen in past seasons for several different reasons. Things are different now though.

Does it show that Dallas made a bad free agency decision? It doesn't matter because Allen wasn't playing well and his attitude wasn't very good.

Cutting a vet and playing young, unknown players? It doesn't matter because Allen wasn't playing well and his attitude wasn't very good.

wait where did you hear about the attitude issues? i've heard nothing but glowing comments about him from players and coaches since TC.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
only 2 guys i would hope theyd consider as a Fa signing for FS is Rhodes and Phillips

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I like the way you think especially if he did have a bad attitude.

jnday

Reaction score
This is pretty damn shocking considering how green Wilcox's and Church's limited ability to help with pass coverage.

What is pretty damn shocking is that they went into the season with Allen as a starter. It is also shocking that many fans thought that the jag gonna be something better with Dallas than he has been with other teams.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Broaddus seem to think we're bringing up a Practice Squad player, but why delay the announcement? There must be something else going on...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
First of all, slow your roll chief. You are the pessimist, not me. Just so it is clear, I never wanted Allen, for any role - starter or back up. Do you understand my stance now? I would rather start a rook (should either Church or JJ go down) than start Allen.

I would prefer a vet back up, just not Allen.

Go back and read . Now the back up is Heath .