News: Cowboys reportedly get good news on Tony Romo's MRI results

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
By Nunzio Ingrassia Oct 10, 2016 at 7:30p ET

The Dallas Cowboys are sitting pretty after five games, boasting a 4-1 mark with rookies Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott playing big roles in the team's fast start.

And now it appears Dallas is close to getting its franchise quarterback back on the field. According to NFL Network, the Cowboys received good news from Tony Romo's MRI, which revealed Monday that his back is healing well and he's on track to return after the bye week.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...t-good-news-on-tony-romo-s-mri-results-101016

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Good!

Knowing what we know about Romo I'm excited to see him back and watch him manipulate defenses because they have to account for Zeke. It will be amazing.

People have forgotten what Romo actually brings to the field. I for one am looking forward to 9. 4 is the future but this year I would rather ride with experience.

Gameover

Reaction score
Good!

Knowing what we know about Romo I'm excited to see him back and watch him manipulate defenses because they have to account for Zeke. It will be amazing.

People have forgotten what Romo actually brings to the field. I for one am looking forward to 9. 4 is the future but this year I would rather ride with experience.
That bum ain't manipulating nothing. How can Zeke be more dominant then he's been the last three weeks? A city bus can run between those holes.

That might mess around and stack the box against 9.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Wut bout my shiny new toy though.....?

bb8d30fc24674c8ba818fb156d13ee6f.jpg

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Good!

No. Many here see us 4-1 with mistake free Dak. Romo as we know, is the better qb, but not the rushing qb as Dak or the arm strength of Dak. When Dak uses it.

robbieruff

Reaction score
That bum ain't manipulating nothing. How can Zeke be more dominant then he's been the last three weeks? A city bus can run between those holes.
While i don't share your harsh POV of Tony (your comments do in fact give me a good chuckle:)) I do agree that the threat Dak poses in the read option (which Tony at this point does not) does create a very dynamic variable in the run game. You can see that the DE's and outside LBs are reluctant to crash down on inside runs for fear Dak pulls it back and takes off in the slot they vacate (case in point being the second TD yesterday). I see that threat paying massive dividends for Zeke as it will offer even bigger holes and cutback lanes for him to exploit.

Don't be so hard on Tony doe brah!?! While I share your Dak enthusiasm i don't feel we need to completely dismiss Tony...

Radiashun

Reaction score
Man, in a few weeks this board is going to be filled with Cowboys fans(?) actively rooting for Romo to play horribly, with more than a couple hoping for an injury. I think Dak is the future, and I'm glad he's here. Tony's still a better quarterback right now, though. But even if I didn't believe that I would still be amazed at the lack of respect he gets here.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Man, in a few weeks this board is going to be filled with Cowboys fans(?) actively rooting for Romo to play horribly, with more than a couple hoping for an injury. I think Dak is the future, and I'm glad he's here. Tony's still a better quarterback right now, though. But even if I didn't believe that I would still be amazed at the lack of respect he gets here.

Emmitt Smith was more disliked here when he was starting and wasn't doing great, and fans wanted (eventually got) Troy Hambrick as the starting rb.

Radiashun

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith was more disliked here when he was starting and wasn't doing great, and fans wanted (eventually got) Troy Hambrick as the starting rb.

I remember that. My numbers are off, but Hambrick averaged like 6 yards a carry for like 50 carries or something, and a lot of people had him penciled in as a 2000 yard a season rusher.

Radiashun

Reaction score
Been the status quo for years, actually...
I'm used to hearing it elsewhere, just still surprising to see it so strong and widespread among more hardcore fans the second a possible alternative appears. I expect it from casual fans and the lunatic fringe you always have on message boards, but there are so many that don't just want to see Dak start, but also seem to want to take away his keys to the practice facility and maybe kick his dog.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Well I am sure some 'forget Romo, go with Dak" people have their issues, but this thread gives me no hope for the "Romo no matter what " fans.
Whatever is best for the team is my motto. I was one that thought Romo should hang it up after this injury, and do I believe he will be healthy for enough games to mean anything? no but he is a very good QB and will get his shot.