News: Cowboys reportedly get good news on Tony Romo's MRI results

superonyx

Reaction score
Well it goes both ways, have seen it.

Problem for die hard Romo fans, and I have always been one of them, Romo has a history that people can see and judge by. Bound to happen. It is really not fair to discredit those that think Romo is done or he should sit on bench because of how many times he has been hurt and the success of a young and healthy Dak.

As much as I have defended Romo throughout all his years, and defend him I have look it up, Dak fans have history and the momentum on their side.

But don't worry, no matter where you stand on this issue, ol Jerry will make sure Romo plays when he is healthy enough. Whether or not he makes it depends on how lucky he is not to get hit.
It is fair to criticize Dak fans who change the past and pretend Romo is suddenly a downgrade. I believe we are all Dak fans....just some of us feel that they need to take shots at Romo and change the reality that Romo is a very very good QB. Of course we all know injuries are a real possibility.

Certain personality types need to pick sides and attack the other side. It's like iPhone vs android, Xbox vs PS4, Chevy vs ford, ect..... It's weird and unfortunate when a fan feels the need to develop such dislike for a member of their same team.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
By all means bring Tony in , we can afford a game or two until he goes down.
You got a 36 year old injury-prone quarterback who's now going to be gun shy, rusty, and has a below average arm. That'll end well.

You're going to replace a guy that's been playing at a pro bowl level who has the entire team inspired to play far beyond their level and has already demonstrated he's twice the leader Romo has ever been.

But hey I can see the logic here so bring him in will see what happens

I know you weren't serious but, no, we cannot afford a loss or two. Those loses will have extreme consequences on playoff seeding. Romo can play again if Dak falters. Until then, Mr Turnover can sit the bench, watch, and learn how to protect the ball and truely lead a team.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know you weren't serious but, no, we cannot afford a loss or two. Those loses will have extreme consequences on playoff seeding. Romo can play again if Dak falters. Until then, Mr Turnover can sit the bench, watch, and learn how to protect the ball and truely lead a team.
You guessed it:laugh:

cowboys1981

Reaction score
The defensive front four intrigues me more than the QB situation. Our offense moves no matter who is under center. I just hope our Dline makes Sunday's performance a conaisrent one.

superonyx

Reaction score
May as well start him in Philadelphia. Find out quickly if he is up to speed. According to several on this board he can just turn on a switch and be vintage Romo again.

Since we are exaggerating while speaking for others I'll take a stab at it as well......

According to several on this board Romo won't last 3 plays physically. So who cares if he starts. Are you worried he will throw 3 pick 6s in these 3 plays he has left in his career?

Isn't this fun?

conner01

Reaction score
The franchise QB has been on the field the past five games, you can keep the keystone cop.
Why do fans have to bash one player to praise another
I suspect many on this board think sticking with Dak is the smart move and their argument for Dak not against romo
A healthy romo is the best thing for the team even if it is just to backup Dak

jwitten82

Reaction score
Do people really believe switching to Romo will not divide the locker room?

Gabe

Reaction score
Wrinkled Romo coming to wreck this wonderful season.

It's coming folks, get ready.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
when tony is ready he will start I am just so happy they are winning I now look forward to every game and to see what they can do and it will continue to be this way I am hoping for one of those special season this year for the cowboys I think that tony will only make this team so much better

tyke1doe

Reaction score
While i don't share your harsh POV of Tony (your comments do in fact give me a good chuckle:)) I do agree that the threat Dak poses in the read option (which Tony at this point does not) does create a very dynamic variable in the run game. You can see that the DE's and outside LBs are reluctant to crash down on inside runs for fear Dak pulls it back and takes off in the slot they vacate (case in point being the second TD yesterday). I see that threat paying massive dividends for Zeke as it will offer even bigger holes and cutback lanes for him to exploit.

Don't be so hard on Tony doe brah!?! While I share your Dak enthusiasm i don't feel we need to completely dismiss Tony...

Nice post.

superonyx

Reaction score
Do people really believe switching to Romo will not divide the locker room?
Yes.
Now if Romo comes back and plays terrible and the coaching staff stick with him then it would divide the locker room. But isn't naive to think if Romo is playing at a high level the guys that have been going to war with him for several years now will somehow be divided because they loved the 8 weeks with Dak so much. Which players would be so upset with Romo being their QB?

superonyx

Reaction score
Wrinkled Romo coming to wreck this wonderful season.

It's coming folks, get ready.
Dude?
You are a Mississippi state guy who wasn't even a Cowboys fan until Dak became a cowboy. Are you new to the sport or did you abandon your last team and jump on this bandwagon because of your crush on Dak Prescott?
You are a weird little dude aren't you?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jerry on the radio basically just said Romo is 100% and that this injury will have no effect on him going forward according to the doctors.

Now he needs to get back in shape by the sounds of it from Jerry.

I would not be surprised if Romo doesn't practice this week.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Man, in a few weeks this board is going to be filled with Cowboys fans(?) actively rooting for Romo to play horribly, with more than a couple hoping for an injury. I think Dak is the future, and I'm glad he's here. Tony's still a better quarterback right now, though. But even if I didn't believe that I would still be amazed at the lack of respect he gets here.
You didn't mention the Dak haters who want him to lay an egg in GB so a more secure Romo can come to the rescue whenever he is cleared to play.
It is amazing the naivete of some who think Romo can last given his back, his fragile clavicle and age and rustiness.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jerry on the radio basically just said Romo is 100% and that this injury will have no effect on him going forward according to the doctors.

Now he needs to get back in shape by the sounds of it from Jerry.

I would not be surprised if Romo doesn't practice this week.
Heck, Sir Jerry says Romo can play for another 5 years!

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The defensive front four intrigues me more than the QB situation. Our offense moves no matter who is under center. I just hope our Dline makes Sunday's performance a conaisrent one.

You had me reaching for the online dictionary on this one, but Google keeps on converting the word to "consistent". I don't have my desk dictionary at my finger tips (We had to move areas at work, and most of my stuff is packed away).

Is that a real word, and what does it mean if it is? Or did you mean "consistent"?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Heck, Sir Jerry says Romo can play for another 5 years!

lol... I don't know.

As much as I like Romo myself... Dak + spending 30 million dollars saved on Romo is enticing.

I just can't believe it's got to this point. Dak Prescott drafted out of the 4th round has been so good that Tony Romo may be cut. It's hard to comprehend.

Dak is a NFL miracle. It's some kind of crazy fate that we have him.