News: Cowboys reportedly get good news on Tony Romo's MRI results

dfense

Reaction score
By all means bring Tony in , we can afford a game or two until he goes down.
You got a 36 year old injury-prone quarterback who's now going to be gun shy, rusty, and has a below average arm. That'll end well.

You're going to replace a guy that's been playing at a pro bowl level who has the entire team inspired to play far beyond their level and has already demonstrated he's twice the leader Romo has ever been.

But hey I can see the logic here so bring him in will see what happens
Not a knock on Dak. He's playing well. But a 12 TD season isn't really Pro Bowl level.

cej757

Reaction score
At least make sense with your arguments. Romo's last full season he threw only 9 picks to his 34 TDs. He averaged 40 points a game his last 4 games of 2014. He was unstoppable.

I care a lot more about winning than who does it. I'm just not sold yet on 5 games, I need to see more. Dak hasn't really been challenged yet. They've jumped on average teams with quick starts and the best running game in the league. I think the Bengals were surprised by the Cowboys physicality and Dak looked good. I'm hoping he plays as well in his biggest test to date, Green Bay.

But to act like Romo has been a huge detriment to this team makes zero cents and shows a real wealth of football knowledge.

I'd worry a lot more about a defense that gave up over 5 yards a carry to the Bengals.

What were Romo's 2015 stats? And please don't forget who the offensive player of the year was in 2014. I'll wait.:rolleyes:

dfense

Reaction score
What were Romo's 2015 stats? And please don't forget who the offensive player of the year was in 2014. I'll wait.:rolleyes:
Espn has plenty of stats for you.

I'm done trying to run up a downhill escalator.

Proof

Reaction score
Part of that comes from Romo defenders who act like stats and qb rating mean more than winning. Romo has not been his best on many occasions that meant the season was over. I put winning above everything and Romo has failed in that regard. Sure, there are other reasons besides Romo but there are also plenty of examples of it being totally on him. I like Romo but I like Dak better. He plays mistake free football and doesn't care who isn't there in the huddle. He finds a way to move forward and lead his team to a win. That's all I want in a QB. I'll take crappy stats and a win every time over 350 yards passing and a loss because your qb threw 2 ints.

this is a false equivalence... there's not a single person on this board that would prefer to lose with stats, than win. if you think anyone is saying "I want romo to come back and throw for 400 yards I don't care if we win," then I don't know what to tell you.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a knock on Dak. He's playing well. But a 12 TD season isn't really Pro Bowl level.
If you're going to go with 12 touchdowns then I'm going to go with zero interceptions and that will put him in the Pro Bowl

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think fans that think Romo should get his job back once healthy are down on other fans that want to stick with Dak... I think people are down on Fans who change the past and disrespect Romo while stating their case that they want Dak...
It is an opinion board and no ones opinions are more valuable than anyone else. Where this fails is when you have fans who say stupid crap like, "Romo is done, He cost us chances at the playoffs, He is a choker" ect.
The fans who want Romo to come back are not bashing Dak...In fact I believe almost all of them like Dak and are excited about having a bright future with him. The lies and venom are definitely coming more from the Dak should keep the job crowd than the Romo should crowd.

In fact we have a new member of this board @Gabe who only post negative stuff about Romo. This clown wasn't even a Cowboys fan until we drafted Dak. He claims to have gone to Mississippi State or something. He has almost 300 post in 2 months all negative lies about Romo from times when he was a fan of a team he wont name.
This is a good post. I can agree with most of it

Gameover

Reaction score
I have tremendous faith in both QB to play winning football. However, if for no other reason, I hope they go back to Romo to watch your meltdown. Your comments make me sick as a fan of the Cowboys.
Link18 is cosigning this? The same person who does nothing but talk negative about this team? The same guy who said they would be garbage this season?

Please! Me vs Link18:http://cowboyszone.com/threads/the-tragic-comedy-that-is-our-beloved-team.355419/#post-6784569
scroll up to see what set me off.

I'm that dude! Told you before it happened

Meltdown? No.... Watching Dak has been beautiful this season, I hope I never see the other guy again. And if they go back to him, I'll treat it like last season: Won't watch

Last edited: