News: Cowboys reportedly get good news on Tony Romo's MRI results

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This report means nothing, they are waiting to see how it goes in GB and maybe phil, to decide on which QB to go with.

lose next 2 and it will be romo, win next 2 and it will be dak.

superonyx

Reaction score
While i don't share your harsh POV of Tony (your comments do in fact give me a good chuckle:)) I do agree that the threat Dak poses in the read option (which Tony at this point does not) does create a very dynamic variable in the run game. You can see that the DE's and outside LBs are reluctant to crash down on inside runs for fear Dak pulls it back and takes off in the slot they vacate (case in point being the second TD yesterday). I see that threat paying massive dividends for Zeke as it will offer even bigger holes and cutback lanes for him to exploit.

Don't be so hard on Tony doe brah!?! While I share your Dak enthusiasm i don't feel we need to completely dismiss Tony...
This guy is in the small but loud minority of fans that feel they need to bash Romo to be fans of Dak. It's very childish and immature really. It's the same mentality the same fans will use to discredit Zeke by saying anyone can run through those holes.
It just shows a lack of understanding and maturity.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I feel like we need a 1992 Crips vs Bloods peace offering. I feel like Dak is the future and the future is NOW. I say you run with it. Tony has had a nice run but cannot be relied upon. I don't think his resume warrants absolute immortality as the starter etched in stone. At the same time I respect and am a fan of Tony Romo. The constant bickering takes away from the good vibes of our early success.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
This guy is in the small but loud minority of fans that feel they need to bash Romo to be fans of Dak. It's very childish and immature really. It's the same mentality the same fans will use to discredit Zeke by saying anyone can run through those holes.
It just shows a lack of understanding and maturity.

Well it goes both ways, have seen it.

Problem for die hard Romo fans, and I have always been one of them, Romo has a history that people can see and judge by. Bound to happen. It is really not fair to discredit those that think Romo is done or he should sit on bench because of how many times he has been hurt and the success of a young and healthy Dak.

As much as I have defended Romo throughout all his years, and defend him I have look it up, Dak fans have history and the momentum on their side.

But don't worry, no matter where you stand on this issue, ol Jerry will make sure Romo plays when he is healthy enough. Whether or not he makes it depends on how lucky he is not to get hit.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
This report means nothing, they are waiting to see how it goes in GB and maybe phil, to decide on which QB to go with.

lose next 2 and it will be romo, win next 2 and it will be dak.

What about a split? What if Dak looks excellent in losses? Still plenty of variables. I'm pretty clear where I stand already. I've seen enough with Dak to ride this out and watch him improve. We have the perfect system to allow him to flourish. I like the way our offense and team looks with steady solid ball protection. My feelings aside, still a lot to see.

black label

Reaction score
The franchise QB has been on the field the past five games, you can keep the keystone cop.
giphy.gif

John813

Reaction score
All I hope is Romo doesn't try to extend every play like the game depended on it.

Got to preserve himself to play another down.

cej757

Reaction score
Every Defensive Coordinator's reaction when they know Tony is replacing Dak.:dance:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
So it's good news that the team is about to make a colossal mistake and ruin the season?

cej757

Reaction score
Y

You should watch football. It's fun.

Oh believe me I'm having fun watching this brand of Dallas Cowboy Football. What I'm not looking for is the forcing it to Witten And watch it get picked off type of Football that Tony likes to play.

mrmojo

Reaction score
May as well start him in Philadelphia. Find out quickly if he is up to speed. According to several on this board he can just turn on a switch and be vintage Romo again.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Oh believe me I'm having fun watching this brand of Dallas Cowboy Football. What I'm not looking for is the forcing it to Witten And watch it get picked off type of Football that Tony likes to play.
I'm not going to ask 'Are you serious' because you would reply and then I'd be completely dumbfounded, TWICE, way to early in the morning.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People have forgotten what Romo actually brings to the field.
Forgotten? lol. People haven't forgotten squat. Romo has been intentionally or unintentionally misconstrued so much and so often over his career that personal perceptions have warped--sometimes extremely so. Blaming amnesia would be the same as blaming Romo for some of the team's shortcomings over the years--and just as false.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
It's such a great problem to have. I feel so much better this season than last. We have Dak! And Romo will be healthy soon!

Post of the day and so early in the morning.

What's wrong with having two star QBs available? Dak has taken some good hits and looks durable, but one never knows. I look at this as a win-win also. Great post Boyz!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Thats great ..... Healthy Romo is a dynamic QB ....... but after 3 or 4 hits he will no longer be healthy Romo ........he will be injured Romo and they will be talking about how he could return in time for the playoffs.

Romo was an outstanding QB ....... better than Dak is at the present time ....... but his body has given out before his spirit ........ I wish him luck and hope he stays a part of this franchise.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By all means bring Tony in , we can afford a game or two until he goes down.
You got a 36 year old injury-prone quarterback who's now going to be gun shy, rusty, and has a below average arm. That'll end well.

You're going to replace a guy that's been playing at a pro bowl level who has the entire team inspired to play far beyond their level and has already demonstrated he's twice the leader Romo has ever been.

But hey I can see the logic here so bring him in will see what happens