News: Cowboys reportedly get good news on Tony Romo's MRI results

superonyx

Reaction score
Part of that comes from Romo defenders who act like stats and qb rating mean more than winning. Romo has not been his best on many occasions that meant the season was over. I put winning above everything and Romo has failed in that regard. Sure, there are other reasons besides Romo but there are also plenty of examples of it being totally on him. I like Romo but I like Dak better. He plays mistake free football and doesn't care who isn't there in the huddle. He finds a way to move forward and lead his team to a win. That's all I want in a QB. I'll take crappy stats and a win every time over 350 yards passing and a loss because your qb threw 2 ints.
Dak with the top running game in the league and Romo when he had the top running game in the league both have been winning.
Is it really a fair comparison to judge Romo from some of the bad teams we had vs Dak playing only on this offense?
Winning is all that matters. But not blindly. Eli Manning isn't better than Dan Marino because Eli won more. Trent Dilfer isn't a better QB than Romo because Dilfer won more.
This game is way to complex to just look at wins and losses. Otherwise you would be taking Brandon LaFell over Julio Jones.

superonyx

Reaction score
None of that means anything when you don't have the playoff wins and Super Bowls to go with it. Romo's stats are great but he continually fell short when it mattered most. Wins > Stats each and every time.
He didn't fall short when it matters most. His team fell short when it matters most. Jason Witten was on those teams that fell short...So was Demarcus Ware.
Romo has more 4th QT come from behind victories than any other QB and he is the highest rated QB in NFL history in the 4th quarter. Those are not just stats...those show that when it matters most he performs.

Its too cheap and easy to say....No superbowls = no good...But that would be elementary thinking and ignoring the reality of this being the ultimate team sport.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Dak with the top running game in the league and Romo when he had the top running game in the league both have been winning.
Is it really a fair comparison to judge Romo from some of the bad teams we had vs Dak playing only on this offense?
Winning is all that matters. But not blindly. Eli Manning isn't better than Dan Marino because Eli won more. Trent Dilfer isn't a better QB than Romo because Dilfer won more.
This game is way to complex to just look at wins and losses. Otherwise you would be taking Brandon LaFell over Julio Jones.

Bull! Ask Dolphins fans if they would rather have Marino' career or Manning's. Everyone will take the 2 Super Bowls and so would you. The point is the team is winning with Dak and you don't mess with that until he falters. When and if he does, Romo comes in. I don't really care if Dak is kept on a short leash when Romo is ready to go but he has to show some cracks to come out. Period! Romo's stats don't get him his job back over a qb that simply goes out and wins.

superonyx

Reaction score
Bull! Ask Dolphins fans if they would rather have Marino' career or Manning's. Everyone will take the 2 Super Bowls and so would you. The point is the team is winning with Dak and you don't mess with that until he falters. When and if he does, Romo comes in. I don't really care if Dak is kept on a short leash when Romo is ready to go but he has to show some cracks to come out. Period! Romo's stats don't get him his job back over a qb that simply goes out and wins.
Every Dolphins and Giants fan would take Dan Marino in a second over Eli Manning...
I noticed you tried to add "Career" to the argument.
In that case I guess you would take Doug Williams or Trent Dilfer over Warren Moon or Tony Romo...

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I guess you didn't watch the game or have forgotten. I'll give you the 2nd int wasn't his fault but the first one sure was and gave the Giants 3 free pints right before halftime.
Which was also a tipped interception that usually falls harmlessly to the ground, but the pass was behind Witten so that one's on Tony. The other interception was a fumble by Street that flukishly bounced right to the Giants. Not much he could do there.
So he had 3 TDs, 36/45 (80%) 356 yards 1 INT that was on him and a last second TD pass to win the game. Yeah, that sounds like a game that Tony screwed up all game long to put himself in position to get a game winning drive. Stop embarrassing yourself.

cej757

Reaction score
This is exactly what you will see when Romo is back. This is only 1 year ago. Short memories in this forum. :huh:

Sure the Highlights look good, but Romo wasn't all that great in this game. The offense had a tough time moving the ball. Why don't you put the Carolina game highlights on here too.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He didn't fall short when it matters most. His team fell short when it matters most. Jason Witten was on those teams that fell short...So was Demarcus Ware.
Romo has more 4th QT come from behind victories than any other QB and he is the highest rated QB in NFL history in the 4th quarter. Those are not just stats...those show that when it matters most he performs.

Its too cheap and easy to say....No superbowls = no good...But that would be elementary thinking and ignoring the reality of this being the ultimate team sport.

The qb is the leader and gets the blame and Romo has thrown numerous ints that cost games. Some of those games were quite important. He has had a great career and done great things but has also come up short too often to take a winning qb off the field. Let Dak come up short at least once before you take him out.

windjc

Reaction score
Sure the Highlights look good, but Romo wasn't all that great in this game. The offense had a tough time moving the ball. Why don't you put the Carolina game highlights on here too.
They scored more points than Dak did against the Giants. Just saying.

Romo is almost ready to show the youngster how its done.

superonyx

Reaction score
The qb is the leader and gets the blame and Romo has thrown numerous ints that cost games. Some of those games were quite important. He has had a great career and done great things but has also come up short too often to take a winning qb off the field. Let Dak come up short at least once before you take him out.
The QB is the leader...But saying he gets a disproportionate amount of blame is elementary thinking. This is the thinking and talking points of guys who look for cheap sound bites to justify their arguments on tv (SAS).
I see how you say he has cost us games but ignore the fact that he has won us many more games. In fact without him we wouldn't even have been in position to compete in most of these games.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Which was also a tipped interception that usually falls harmlessly to the ground, but the pass was behind Witten so that one's on Tony. The other interception was a fumble by Street that flukishly bounced right to the Giants. Not much he could do there.
So he had 3 TDs, 36/45 (80%) 356 yards 1 INT that was on him and a last second TD pass to win the game. Yeah, that sounds like a game that Tony screwed up all game long to put himself in position to get a game winning drive. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Who said he screwed up all game? Don't put words in my mouth. I said he made mistakes that cost his team points and needed help from the Giant to get a chance at a game winning drive. That's been his MO his whole career. Make bad mistakes during the game, put up huge stats trying to catch back up, and have a game winning drive from time to time.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The QB is the leader...But saying he gets a disproportionate amount of blame is elementary thinking. This is the thinking and talking points of guys who look for cheap sound bites to justify their arguments on tv (SAS).
I see how you say he has cost us games but ignore the fact that he has won us many more games. In fact without him we wouldn't even have been in position to compete in most of these games.

I don't ignore anything. He has had a great career but he has fallen short too many times when it mattered most to supplant a winning qb before that qb falters.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
If he is no longer capable of playing better than Dak then he won't be the starter for very long.
What's the problem?

The problem is that you will be disrupting the rhythm of the team, which is playing exceptionally well right now. I would turn your question around and ask why not let Dak remain the starter until he falters? If he is no longer capable of playing at a high level you can bring in Romo then. This will give Romo even more time to heal which can only be a positive.

People are optimistically thinking Tony is going to return to his 2014 firm, the best year of his career. That was 3 fractures ago. Tony threw 5 TD's and 7 INT's during the 4 games he played in 2015. Isn't that a more realistic gauge at this point?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Every Dolphins and Giants fan would take Dan Marino in a second over Eli Manning...
I noticed you tried to add "Career" to the argument.
In that case I guess you would take Doug Williams or Trent Dilfer over Warren Moon or Tony Romo...

Yes I added career because winning championships is the bottom line. At least it is in my book. And yes, I would take any qb that won a super bowl over Romo if it meant Dallas won that super bowl. That was my point. Every fan would take the championships over the qb with the great stats.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Who said he screwed up all game? Don't put words in my mouth. I said he made mistakes that cost his team points and needed help from the Giant to get a chance at a game winning drive. That's been his MO his whole career. Make bad mistakes during the game, put up huge stats trying to catch back up, and have a game winning drive from time to time.
You are being intentionally obtuse. You said "Romo's mistakes put them there", and you know very well what you are saying. Maybe there are games where Tony didn't play well and got credit for late game heroics, heck Eli Manning has made a living out of that. But this is not one of those games, and you know that. So again, stop.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
1 year ago? You mean two years ago? LOL

2 broken collar bones, one broken back and 2 aged years ago. And a lot of rust.

No thanks, I will stick with the young hall of fame rookie in the making. At this point, if you arent on the Dak bandwagon, then you have to be a Philly or Washington troll.

Hall of Fame in the making?

After five football games?

This thing has gotten absolutely ridiculous with you people. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hall of Fame in the making?

After five football games?

This thing has gotten absolutely ridiculous with you people. LOL

It is absolutely ridiculous. Cant believe we stumbled upon this kid. Unreal. But dont mock what you dont understand.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
I wish I could be as smart as some of you. Those of you who know for sure Tony can't go back to playing at a high level. This debate is pointless. Romo will be the starter again this year. If he plays like he did before the injury we will be winning a lot of games.

I like Dak. I think he is the future of this franchise. It's much better for his head to say this is Romo's team and pull him when Romo is ready then to wait for him to screw up and then yank him. You all act like he can do no wrong. He's basically just driving the bus right now. The staff has not put the ball in his hands and asked him to win the game. He is allowed to play within his abilities. Sure Romo has made some mistakes and lost some games. In several of those games though we would've lost anyway. Plenty of times he has put the team on his back and carried them to victory. He has had to force things because no one else is around to make a play. We didn't see him do that in 2014 because we had a running game. I think the same would be true this year.

You knock Romo for having a comeback victory against the Giants last year. Who did we lose to in game 1?