News: Cowboys reportedly get good news on Tony Romo's MRI results

etw926

Reaction score
Sure the Highlights look good, but Romo wasn't all that great in this game. The offense had a tough time moving the ball. Why don't you put the Carolina game highlights on here too.
See Super_Kazuya comment above yours since you obviously didn't watch the game.

dfense

Reaction score
None of that means anything when you don't have the playoff wins and Super Bowls to go with it. Romo's stats are great but he continually fell short when it mattered most. Wins > Stats each and every time.
I was unaware Dak has won a playoff game or superbowl before. Do share..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No, that was opening day last year. See, you do have a short memory.

No, last year opening day. See, your memory has already faded.

2.5 games out of 21 in two years. Wow, Romo is my hero. LOL

Nah, he isnt old and injury prone.

Let the Dak attack keep rolling on!!!!

dfense

Reaction score
1 year ago? You mean two years ago? LOL

2 broken collar bones, one broken back and 2 aged years ago. And a lot of rust.

No thanks, I will stick with the young hall of fame rookie in the making. At this point, if you arent on the Dak bandwagon, then you have to be a Philly or Washington troll.

No, actually opening day last year. See, your memory has already faded.

dfense

Reaction score
A few points I want to bring up. in 2014 with a running game similar to Zeke, The cowboys led the league in 3rd down conversions. Romo should have won the MVP that season statistically. He only didn't win it because Demarco and Romo split votes. Also Romo has played at a level for a long time where he is in the top 3 QB rating in league history. He also is tops in come from behind 4th quarter victories. We all love Dak...He provides a mobile aspect to his game that no one expects or wants Romo to attempt at this point....However Romo also has some parts to his game that he has gained from experience that Dak doesn't yet have. Fans that want Romo to return believe he is our best chance to make a superbowl run.

Its not a knock against Dak...Its an endorsement of Romo's abilities. In fact if the NFL draft happened all over again I would want us to trade up to the first spot and take Dak. He is the real deal.
Dude, you are making way too much sense.

I can see Dak's attack working for a while, then when the competition gets to playoff level they put a rusty Romo in and if he fails, he gets all the blame. It's setting up quite well for all the Romo bashers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude, you are making way too much sense.

I can see Dak's attack working for a while, then when the competition gets to playoff level they put a rusty Romo in and if he fails, he gets all the blame. It's setting up quite well for all the Romo bashers.

One guy is coming out his rookie year, is the talk of the NFL and has led us to 4-1 without Dez and guys like Tyrone Smith. All while Romo sits on the bench for a 2nd straight year with an injury.

I look forward to Dak continuing to embarrass you.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop the name calling and personal attacks. BOTH of you.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I was unaware Dak has won a playoff game or superbowl before. Do share..

Romo has trying and failing for 10 years. Dak has had 5 weeks. Come back in 10 years and let me know the score then. I'm confident Dak bests Romo's playoff win count within 3 years of being named the true starter. Hell, one good run and he can do it in 1 year. That's how pitiful the playoff success has been in the Romo era.

dfense

Reaction score
One guy is coming out his rookie year, is the talk of the NFL and has led us to 4-1 without Dez and guys like Tyrone Smith. All while Romo sits on the bench for a 2nd straight year with an injury.

I look forward to Dak continuing to embarrass you.
Dak doesn't embarrass me. I'm proud of the guy. The future looks great.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned on other parts of the thread, but I think this needs to be played out on a week by week basis, solely based on who we play AFTER the Eagles.

If Dak wins @GB, he should start the Eagles game, with Romo getting plenty of time in the bye week to work in with the first team and get his reps, knock off the rust. With the Browns game afterwards, that is a much more ideal game for Romo to come back in. He could throw 2 picks and still probably win that one.

I guess the only problem is if Dak wins @GB and then vs Eagles, then I'm not sure how much the locker room will take sitting him at 6-1. Regardless, unless Dak has a stinker of a game in GB, I think it makes more sense for Romo to get real practice in for 2-3 weeks and then face the Browns.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I'll remember where I heard it from first CowboyRoy.

Despite our back and forth, I do hope that you are right about Dak and the Hall of Fame.

dfense

Reaction score
Romo has trying and failing for 10 years. Dak has had 5 weeks. Come back in 10 years and let me know the score then. I'm confident Dak bests Romo's playoff win count within 3 years of being named the true starter. Hell, one good run and he can do it in 1 year. That's how pitiful the playoff success has been in the Romo era.
I hope you're right.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping for. Don't want Dak to get wasted here like Romo has. It is a disgrace that we have only 2 playoff wins with a franchise QB like Romo.

slick325

Reaction score
The mods had to create a QB Zone?!?!?!?! Really?!?!

SMH...Dallas has a QB Controversy after 5 games. Sigh...

dfense

Reaction score
Every Defensive Coordinator's reaction when they know Tony is replacing Dak.:dance:
Oh believe me I'm having fun watching this brand of Dallas Cowboy Football. What I'm not looking for is the forcing it to Witten And watch it get picked off type of Football that Tony likes to play.
At least make sense with your arguments. Romo's last full season he threw only 9 picks to his 34 TDs. He averaged 40 points a game his last 4 games of 2014. He was unstoppable.

I care a lot more about winning than who does it. I'm just not sold yet on 5 games, I need to see more. Dak hasn't really been challenged yet. They've jumped on average teams with quick starts and the best running game in the league. I think the Bengals were surprised by the Cowboys physicality and Dak looked good. I'm hoping he plays as well in his biggest test to date, Green Bay.

But to act like Romo has been a huge detriment to this team makes zero cents and shows a real wealth of football knowledge.

I'd worry a lot more about a defense that gave up over 5 yards a carry to the Bengals.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Maybe i just haven't seen the posts, but there dont seem to be many who want Tony back who aren't also supportive of Dak. On the other hand, there are a ton of people posting who want Dak to continue to be the starter AND insist on slamming Tony despite the fact he's the main reason we've had a functioning offense for the last decade.
And Tony ...Tony also hates puppies!!!

dfense

Reaction score
Do people really believe switching to Romo will not divide the locker room?
You could also argue many players would wonder if they were injured, would their job be given to someone else. "Ya know Scandrick, this rookie has looked pretty good the last few weeks and you gave up that 70 yard catch to OBJ. And Dez, we've won 2 games with Butler, who's a lot cheaper than you."

You don't think players think like that?

dfense

Reaction score
The franchise quarterback looked feeble when running with the ball before he slid awkwardly and got injured in Seattle. I think time, age, and injuries have taken a heavy toll on Romo the past 2 years. I admire his toughness, but he likely isn't the same player now as he was in 2014. The Cowboys are making a mistake if they think he will play better than Dak.
He looked feeble? Ha ha ha

I guess people see what they want.

But, we'll find out soon enough.