Twitter: Cowboys restructure Prescott and Martin

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So Dak's going to get France to take a team discount and do it in less than 5 months, not the 2 years he took the first time as it appears the FO (for all Stephen's bravado) appear uncertain of Dak's future. I'd be scared if Dak/France talked a contract extension as it opposes their "we'll prove ourselves" rhetoric of the last negotiation.....though I would respect him if he accepted he needs players around him and took less money to ensure succes.
We will see how it plays out.

cmoney23

Reaction score
I wonder when people will share the memes about Dak's new 27mm cap hit this year and how it compares to Mahomes.

oh... they probably won't?

They will for 2024 though...

until he signs and extension and they convert that into a signing bonus.

it's all a fugazi and we shouldn't care??? GOT IT.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
And there it is.
Let the rue begin

Have to see the details. He had 2 void years already. I think all they did was move some salary into those years. We always knew that would happen. It's the difference between 40 mpy and 30 last I saw.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Spotrac just updated Dallas cap, and going by the top 51 contracts Dallas has 35mil in caproom right now. Will be about 16more mil when they do tyron who is being work on right now. And then I think this is when they do elliots. Think both stay and Dallas has 51mil in caproom.

I pray everyday they don't do Zeke's deal

aikemirv

Reaction score
I wonder when people will share the memes about Dak's new 27mm cap hit this year and how it compares to Mahomes.

oh... they probably won't?

They will for 2024 though...

until he signs and extension and they convert that into a signing bonus.

it's all a fugazi and we shouldn't care??? GOT IT.
Well who cares about cap hit versus Mahommes -2 Super Bowls to 0. It will probably be 4-5 to zero at the end of their careers!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No $ was surrendered lol, they just pushed the money from this year to 2024. That means the cap hit for 24 will be way too high.
But this does give them another year to see how dak does with MM running offense.
But they either HAVE to extend him, or eat a massive cap hit in 24.

They should draft Duggan, and then they could give him a try in 24 if dak does not do any better in 23.
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cowboys-restructure-prescott-and-martin.508889/post-12652658

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting it was a restructure for Dak Prescott and not an extension.
Hope is still alive........:yourock:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Correct. He’s in year 3 of a 4 year deal. His cap hit is $52 million BEFORE this restructure.

They will extend him a year or two to drop it next season.
I think dak will want another 4 year extension.
So what if he wont take a 2 year ext and demands the 4 years?

I think this restructure may have been just to get under the cap by the deadline, and they will extend him anyway later, before TC
I think another 4 years,52 mil a year.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The question wasn't directed at me, but:

Per Stephen Jones on the official team site, Feb. 2023:

"Dak is going to be our guy for, hopefully the next 10 years"

-which really makes me sad. I'm not going to live forever....
yes I just dont see what they see in dak.
They act like they have a mahomes,allen, burrows,Hebert ,rodgers etc.

they think dak is so good, that they dont even have to look at other qb's anymore.
And this is what makes them losers.

KC had a good qb, that had gotten them to good record and the playoffs, but they were still looking at qb's, spotted
mahomes, moved up drafted him, and when he showed he was ready to take over they got rid of the other guy.
Thats why they are winning SB's now and Dallas cant get past div round.

Most of us here and in the media, think dak is just a avg good qb, who is inconsistent.

But the jones boys somehow look at him and see an elite player almost as good as mahomes lol.
That is bizarre.

I do think part of it is it makes their jobs easier, as looking for another qb, would be quite a bit of hard work and making the transition
would be more work.
By saying dak is good enough for them, they eliminate all that work and time involved, and can just play with their toy and have fun, make statements lol.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It is probably telling that a Tyron restructure wasn't included in this announcement. They may actually move on. I didn't think they would.
They want Tyron and Zeke to take pay cuts, not just have their existing pay extended. That will take more time and effort.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Now they can afford to make honest offers to first tier free agents and sign second tier free agents.
You're optimistic. Second tier is a little too pricey for our front office.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Cowboys are doing as all other teams do. This is not isolated to the Cowboys. Our focus is on the Cowboys but look around the NFL Eagles have 54 mill in dead money this year yet we have some who will tell us that we should follow how they do business.
They've gone to the Super Bowl twice in the last six years, so yes, we should follow how they do business.