Twitter: Cowboys restructure the contracts for offensive lineman Martin, Smith & La'el Collins

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
How much does cutting Dexter Coakley save us? We can’t find a trade partner..

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure where that math is coming from. Dak didn't clear any space, he cost space. He's just cheaper than he was last year. Spotrac didn't update the restructures, but our top 51 was 2 million under the cap. Add the 17 million makes 19 million under the cap. Add rookies, and as of right now Dallas has 10 million. I'm sure there's more to come however.
Negative the Cowboys are 38 million under the cap right now.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I keep hearing it. I just don't know where you're getting that number from. I have 40 million dollars in the bank. But when I look, I can't find it.
The Dallas Cowboys cap for 2021 is 207 million. We were at 186 million after signing Dak. Add another 17 million after the restructures.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score

Not necessarily. You can still June 1st cut Tyron next year and save money against the cap. If anything, this is his year to prove he can remain healthy or play somewhere else in 2022.

But it's definitely good news on La'el, I'd think. They must feel good about him going forward.

Flamma

Reaction score
How did you come to the 186 million? Dallas was never at 164 million.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
No one has accurate cap figures right now because of how the league calculates them, but Dallas was right around the cap limit after signing Dak. Maybe a little over. This probably puts them somewhere around $15-17 million under the cap. They'll gain another $2 million once they release Chris Jones.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
A mega contract for a mediocre QB who broke a leg and dislocated an ankle and restructures for two OL, Smith and Collins, who played a total of 2(?) games last year before surgeries. Yeah, what could go wrong with this thinking?

On the bright side, at least it wasn’t restructures for Elliott, Lawrence, and Jaylon Smith. Keeping my hopes up for all three being gone next year.

lol

Flamma

Reaction score
Right that is counting the NFL’s cap of 182 million. The Cowboys Adjusted cap is 207 million. That website isn’t updated yet.

Right. But the top 51 is still showing 208 million. That's not going away. The only thing they didn't update are the restructures. That will give us an extra 17. Dallas should have that amount, not 37. Where is the 37 coming from?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What his cap hit would have been was never realized. That's not clearing cap space.

If your car doesn't start and you have to pay 50 bucks for an Uber, but end up starting your car and only paying 5 for gas. Do you then say, WoW! I have 45 extra bucks.

Duh...I do. Which way did he go? Which way did he go?

Flamma

Reaction score
No one has accurate cap figures right now because of how the league calculates them, but Dallas was right around the cap limit after signing Dak. Maybe a little over. This probably puts them somewhere around $15-17 million under the cap. They'll gain another $2 million once they release Chris Jones.

That's what I'm seeing as well. If they then restructure Cooper and Tank, Dallas will have plenty of room.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Right. But the top 51 is still showing 208 million. That's not going away. The only thing they didn't update are the restructures. That will give us an extra 17. Dallas should have that amount, not 37. Where is the 37 coming from?
I think you’re right. Yesterday we were 20.7 under so I thought 20.7 + 17= 37 million. But Dak didn’t sign the doted line yet until today duh.

but last night DFW media were all on Twitter saying Dallas has 20 million in space...this was after Dak was announced...shrugs. Wonder if it’s possible the already restructured Lawrence and or Cooper/ zeke ?

Flamma

Reaction score
I think you’re right. Yesterday we were 20.7 under so I thought 20.7 + 17= 37 million. But Dak didn’t sign the doted line yet until today duh.

Yeah I was looking at that too. But Dallas can open up a lot of space with Cooper and Tank. I'm just not sure Jerry will take that leap this year. I think he'll do it next year. Not what I'd like, but probably smarter.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Dallas can cut Collins after 2021 and save mega $$$.

If his hip is shot, no way they pay him 30 million over 2022-2024.

need a RT in the 1st round.