News: Cowboys' Rod Smith: Inefficient in contract year

CCBoy

Reaction score
My first choice, to not make end of camp roster...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/DAL/dallas-cowboys/

Cowboys' Rod Smith: Inefficient in contract year
Rotowire 11H ago
Smith rushed for 127 yards and one touchdown on 44 carries over 16 games in 2018. He also caught nine of 12 targets for 60 yards.

Smith was rarely much of a factor in the offensive game plan outside of a lone spot start in Week 17 while filling in for a resting Ezekiel Elliott. His longest play went for just 14 yards, and his 2.2 YPC was among the least efficient in the league. It wouldn't be a surprise if the Cowboys move on when Smith becomes an unrestricted free agent at the beginning of the league year.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
How efficient is he supposed to be on 2.5 carries a game behind the most predictable running offense in the league?
Right!?!?
The League's leading rusher gets more carries than anyone how is the guy supposed to do anything?
I think you did ok in zekes absence

Mr_437

Reaction score
Rod Smith's reprort card is incomplete/inconclusive if we're being fair.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
He's a key special teams guy. He didn't get a chance to do anything as the RB. I have no problems with upgrading the #2 RB position but I think keeping Smith as #3 is a solid move - for both the ST piece and to keep his little brother - who will be in a contract year - happy.

J12B

Reaction score
I would be totally fine if the Cowboys drafted a RB in round 3 in the draft.

Upgrade and depth is needed with how much the run game is relied upon in this offense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He never got to play significant time. Lol. Someone will have to beat him out in camp and know the system better.

exciter

Reaction score
He's a key special teams guy. He didn't get a chance to do anything as the RB. I have no problems with upgrading the #2 RB position but I think keeping Smith as #3 is a solid move - for both the ST piece and to keep his little brother - who will be in a contract year - happy.
He was fairly bad on special teams this year also!

conner01

Reaction score
That’s why he’s more of a RB3
We need to upgrade RB2
I like smith because he does lots of things but I think we should add more talent Incase Zeke ever has an injury

IceBowler

Reaction score
I love my former Buckeyes, but the Cowboys need an upgrade at RB2 to take a bit of the load off Zeke.

He's out there - Darrell Henderson from Memphis - Kid's got it all.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Let's not forget, he came into the league at FB. If we dress three, he can take the 3-4 plays we use a FB for
Damn it's nice to see real football discussion again! Win it all!:starspin:

kevm3

Reaction score
Garrett and crew have long shown an inability to use more than one back. It's pretty much why we also ran Demarco Murray into the ground

CCBoy

Reaction score
Garrett and crew have long shown an inability to use more than one back. It's pretty much why we also ran Demarco Murray into the ground

Something about flexability and who gets blamed seems to be indicated here...