Twitter: Cowboys Roster Cuts - 08/30/13

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
it's beasley vs. other teams' waiver wire, and I think the wire has the edge right now; time for a Laurent Robinson, part II who is also an ace on special teams kick/punt returns (one can hope)

I have a hard time believing that they will take someone on the wire over Beasley unless its someone they just can't believe got cut. Beasley has proven himself over camp and the couple preseason games he played IMO. Not saying it wont happen but I personally don't think it will.

ferrispata

Reaction score
I would be VERY surprised if Beasley isn't on the 53. He is a niche player that I think they want to keep and even have active on Sundays.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Doubt it. Harris is the four and Beasley is inactive.

I see Beasley as being active until Williams can prove he is reliable on the outside so Austin can go to the slot. Until then, Williams is inactive.

montgod

Reaction score
People on this board sometimes think any little slot guy is the next Wes Welker -- of course, that was sorta true a while back but likely not for the Beas

I agree.... the closest we got to the next Welker was Amendola... but then he got injured - as he always does.

links18

Reaction score
This team is not going to cut Beasley--he is a fan favorite and cutting him would bring back too many bad memories of cutting Amendola.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It'd shock me if Beasely was cut.
But the argument made above about the waiver wire potentially having some gems this year is a good one.
The depth at WR league wide is at an all-time high.
Just take a loook at some the depth cahrts out there. There are very good and fairly young players out there that could end up available.
Wish that was the case for O-line.

mullet

Reaction score
@Tank_Reed58: One Door Closes, Another One Opens...It's been a blessing the whole way.

Staubacher

Reaction score
People on this board sometimes think any little slot guy is the next Wes Welker -- of course, that was sorta true a while back but likely not for the Beas

Nobody says Beasley should be a 1 or 2 receiver like Weller or a starter. The only people who compare him to Welker are usually those who make a disparaging racial remark about it.

Beasley is on the 53 because he is a good WR. He runs good routes gets open is quick and has good hands. Period

CooterBrown

Reaction score
it's beasley vs. other teams' waiver wire, and I think the wire has the edge right now; time for a Laurent Robinson, part II who is also an ace on special teams kick/punt returns (one can hope)

If they were going to do that, they'd have just kept Armstrong.

And, as far as being inactive, if they were to keep Beasley inactive, there would be no point in keeping him on the roster at all.

Nirvana

Reaction score
If they were going to do that, they'd have just kept Armstrong.

And, as far as being inactive, if they were to keep Beasley inactive, there would be no point in keeping him on the roster at all.

Armstrong did not look good last night in the game. He can be picked up again after week 1 and his salary won't be guaranteed. I am curious who gets cut today, very curious. I think there could be a gem to be found which could help this team more than Beasley.