Twitter: Cowboys Roster Cuts - 08/30/13

Fredd

Reaction score
every time I see Beasley's name I think of the scene in Transformers were he just kissed the really hot robot and he had to explain to his own little hotty..."it was dieselly" (Beasley)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Even if Beasley isn't released, I just don't get the hype. I much prfer Harris who has actually shown in games

Miles is always hurt and may not be back next year.

Harris is better outside but Beasley is our 2nd best slot guy.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I didn't say he wouldn't be on the roster. I said he's going to have a hard time getting on the field in a uniform because he'll be the #5

They have almost always carried 5 WRs on gameday. I can't even remember the last time they only took 4.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Go troll somehwere else. Beasley's on the team.

Never said he wouldn't be. In fact, I've said just the opposite throughout this thread.

But I wasn't foolish enough to claim he was uncoverable in the slot.

And a couple other points: 1. Trolling does not mean that someone points out facts that refuse your claims. 2. Amber Beer is lame. Drink an IPA or something strong.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
They have almost always carried 5 WRs on gameday. I can't even remember the last time they only took 4.

We are running a more TE heavy offense this year. Fewer reps for WR when you are using more TEs in receiving roles

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Never said he wouldn't be. In fact, I've said just the opposite throughout this thread.

But I wasn't foolish enough to claim he was uncoverable in the slot.

And a couple other points: 1. Trolling does not mean that someone points out facts that refuse your claims. 2. Amber Beer is lame. Drink an IPA or something strong.

Well, he is basically uncoverable. And it's a free country so I can drink whatever the heck I want to.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Well, he is basically uncoverable.

If he were uncoverable, don't you think Romo would have found Mr. Wide Open a few more times last year? Don't you think he would have actually been on the field instead of holding his helmet during most games?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If he were uncoverable, don't you think Romo would have found Mr. Wide Open a few more times last year? Don't you think he would have actually been on the field instead of holding his helmet during most games?

Not when you're a rookie and Romo's got Dez, Witten and Miles to throw to.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Here's Broaddus on Beasley and notice how he says they would have trouble carrying an extra 6th (active gameday) WR? 5 is a given, it was 6 that was a stretch.

Cole Beasley – This should be the first game action for Beasley since he suffered the foot sprain against Oakland earlier in the preseason. That night against the Raiders, Beasley was nearly unstoppable making several plays from the slot including an adjusting, high ball catch fromKyle Orton in the red zone. Beasley begin to work his way back into practice on Monday, then on Tuesday received a full load to once again get him into the flow. In my view, as he sits on the roster, he is the fifth receiver with Anthony Armstrong trying to grab that final spot from him. With the injuries to this team and the possibility of having to go long at a position or two, I am not sure how they would be able to carry six receivers on the active roster. Another situation that you also have to factor in is how Garrett uses his “12” personnel package. With Jason Witten, James Hanna andGavin Escobar, all three of these guys can play out of the slot which means less reasons for them to have to carry the extra receiver.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...-Tonight/209bc2bb-6cb7-4db2-a736-d0e72b88970e

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Not when you're a rookie and Romo's got Dez, Witten and Miles to throw to.

And that's gonna change how this year? With the emergence of Dez the drafting of Twill and Dunbar being a legit out of the backfield weapon just how does he get more chances this year? A lot more first options over the shrimp who quit on his team last year. Sorry I don't like quitters like that. I don't have to like him and I never will as you said it's a free country. Tired of the hype and the wannabe Wes Welker clones that the people on this board are just infatuated with. All of this over a 5'6 150lbs WR who can't play special teams unreal.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And that's gonna change how this year? With the emergence of Dez the drafting of Twill and Dunbar being a legit out of the backfield weapon just how does he get more chances this year? A lot more first options over the shrimp who quit on his team last year. Sorry I don't like quitters like that. I don't have to like him and I never will as you said it's a free country. Tired of the hype and the wannabe Wes Welker clones that the people on this board are just infatuated with. All of this over a 5'6 150lbs WR who can't play special teams unreal.

Well apparantly the experts in the Cowboys organization agree with me.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well apparantly the experts in the Cowboys organization agree with me.

And what's your point? I doubt he gets playing time unless Dez Williams Miles or Harris gets hurts. So now you carry a guy who does nothing on Gameday because he can't play ST. How many teams play there 5th WR in a game? Enlighten me

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And what's your point? I doubt he gets playing time unless Dez Williams Miles or Harris gets hurts. So now you carry a guy who does nothing on Gameday because he can't play ST. How many teams play there 5th WR in a game? Enlighten me

Injuries.