Cowboys Rumors: 'More Progress' Made for Dak Prescott Contract Than Amari Cooper

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not sure $40M would cut-it. I could be wrong but I think Dez got $40M guaranteed what 4-5 years ago. I'm thinking a min $50M......

Depends on the length of the deal.

Kaiser

Reaction score
No, no one does. He will get between $28 and $29.5 million average annual base without a bunch of incentives. There may be some but they will be on top of the above mentioned base salary. He will likely get between $80 and $90 million guaranteed in the first three years. Way too much if you ask me. I’d make him play out his deal and franchise him hoping someone would give me a 1st and 3rd for him.

I think your numbers are way too high. The double franchise option would force him into 60 Million for the next three years and he would have zero protection against a career ending injury for 2019.

IMO his guaranteed money will be much closer to 20MM than 28MM.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I figure that the team will likely try to guarantee just three years like they did with Lawrence and give themselves an out if things should somehow go south.
That's how most big contracts are, first 3 years have gutantees

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
We are about to one-up the Giants’ stupidity in drafting Jones 6-overall, by paying this game manager $30m

:facepalm:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We're screwed. :facepalm:
Let me clarify.
We should not be negotiating Dak's new contract this year. The jury is still out on Dak.
This is the year you determine whether you're going to give him a big contract so let's see how this year plays out.
If Dak has a ball-out year and gets this team to the Super Bowl largely because of his play, then as Deion says, PAY THE MAN!!!!
But if he doesn't, why overpay?
Dak has not shown us yet that he's a Brady, Rodgers or Brees, whose quarterbacking can carry a team.
Let him prove himself this year with a stacked deck. If he wins, then gladly pay him what he's worth. But not now.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Not lunacy if you are Dak.

Clearly or his family and friends but why stop there. I’m sure his pets and maids will benefit as well..

I’m not a Dak hater, I just think paying any sports figure that much money is insane...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Note the word "could" gentlemen. Could does not mean will and $26 mil is "approaching". Depends on your impressions of "could" and "approaching"
26 million would be reasonable. Less than Jumbo presented. I’d be ok with that. Especially if it’s only a 3 year deal guaranteed. We should know by then if he’s going to lead us to a championship.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That was before QBs like Wilson started signing 35+mill dollar deals...

Honestly Id be ecstatic if we can get a deal done at around 26-28mill a year... The cap will keep going up and guys like Pat mahomes is fixing to break Wilsons deal and prbly get closer to 40mill a year
Yep. If Dak gets 26 then 40 for Mahommes seems reasonable . Prob be closer to 50

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
26 million would be reasonable. Less than Jumbo presented. I’d be ok with that. Especially if it’s only a 3 year deal guaranteed. We should know by then if he’s going to lead us to a championship.

We'll be ok with whatever it is. We the collective have no choice. I'm thinking between 26 and 29 but my thoughts are worth diddly

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Cooper has the Jones family by the footballs. He is 24 years old and they traded a first round pick for him. He wants to be the highest paid reciever in football. Cooper and Dak will break the bank.
Cooper deserves more than Dak. We are a below .500 team without him.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Clearly or his family and friends but why stop there. I’m sure his pets and maids will benefit as well..

I’m not a Dak hater, I just think paying any sports figure that much money is insane...

You must love Bryce Harper and Manny Machado

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The last 25 years of this type of deal have not worked so well. Signing a average QB to a long term deal just isn't smart. at 30 Mil it's plain stupid
Yea but Dak is popular. Only Brady generates more revenue in NFL. The Cowboys are not solely driven by results on the field. Dak is enough with the elite support to sell.