Cowboys second-round draft pick Jaylon Smith working out

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The difference is in the rehab. Athletes puts in 8 hrs a day of rehab where a normal Joe does rehab maybe 1-2 per week. Not to mention professional athletes have tons of professional support staff to help him.

There is a huge difference in the physical condition preinjury as well

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Come on man hes only asking that we go to med school and become residents and so on before sharing our medical opinions or experiences. Im looking into it now. Ill be back in about 12 years to make my comment.

No, I'm saying don't claim to be an expert when you clearly have done nothing to achieve that status

Sydla

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about Smith. I could have said torn Achilles and made the same point

Huh? This thread is about Smith. And the hurdle facing Smith is his nerve.

No one really argued that athletes don't tend to heal faster than regular people when it comes to muscle injuries and joint injuries and breaks. The issue facing Smith is nerve damage. Which is a completely different ball of wax and typically has nothing to do with the physical condition of the person injured. And when that was pointed out to you, you just kept arguing anyway.

Little Jr

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about Smith. I could have said torn Achilles and made the same point
You have said at least 2 times that him being an elite athlete will help him heal quicker than a normal Joe. Acl, muscles, etc.... Yes but not nerves. Nothing to do with being an elite athlete. Someone mention him being able to do therapy more than a normal person. For the most part that is true but that's a money and insurance thing for the normal person. If they have good insurance or a lot of money they can do as much as they want. Again, nothing to do with being an elite athlete

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
How long does a normal person take to come back from an ACL? Forever.

How long does it take an athlete? Six months or so in most cases.

Clear, obvious differences observed over and over.

Perhaps you should have heeded your own advice. It all depends on how diligent you are in your rehab. If you spend hours a day doing the exercises and stretches you can be back just as quickly. It certainly helps to have state of the art equipment and world class trainers but you are just wrong here.

Now go ahead and tell me I'm not qualified to say that so we can re-enter LALA Land.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No, I'm saying don't claim to be an expert when you clearly have done nothing to achieve that status

I specifically said I am not an expert. We both know what you claim here is not true because the other people in this thread have commented medically and have not made similar qualifications.

No, either you are trolling for attention or have a bone to pick. I've seen you over at DCU so I'm guessing its a bit of both. It's like a training ground.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I specifically said I am not an expert. We both know what you claim here is not true because the other people in this thread have commented medically and have not made similar qualifications.

No, either you are trolling for attention or have a bone to pick. I've seen you over at DCU so I'm guessing its a bit of both. It's like a training ground.

For some reason you've made this about you. My bone is with Google Ph.Ds. I don't feel I need to read every single post and make sure I'm calling everyone out. I call people out when I see it. Now go get offline, you've probably got some continuing education requirements to fill to keep practicing medicine with your Google degree

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
For some reason you've made this about you. My bone is with Google Ph.Ds. I don't feel I need to read every single post and make sure I'm calling everyone out. I call people out when I see it. Now go get offline, you've probably got some continuing education requirements to fill to keep practicing medicine with your Google degree

You made this about me when you quoted my post and came with this line of reasoning. Don't be coy.

Are you going to acknowledge that I qualified that I was not a doctor or are you just going to repeat yourself like it doesn't directly refute this tripe? It's in the original post you took issue with.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
He never said he was an expert, he wrote that he WASNT a doctor. You cant read, brotato chip
200.gif

fortdick

Reaction score
Come on man hes only asking that we go to med school and become residents and so on before sharing our medical opinions or experiences. Im looking into it now. Ill be back in about 12 years to make my comment.

Well, you should have attended med school and did a residency in psychiatry to understand what it is he was trying to say. DANG! Now I did it,. Got an extra app to that doctor school?

Reactions: CWR