Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select CB Trevon Diggs with the 51st Pick (2nd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Multiple DEs were there for the taking. They have a lot more faith in Gregory and Smith than I do.

It’s not that they have any faith in a couple of suspended players that haven’t played in a long time and may not be reinstated, it’s that there weren’t any DEs worth taking at that spot. Reaching for a need leads to a bad pick. We’ve done great so far picking the best players available with our first two picks. The last two DEs we selected high were disappointments.

stiletto

Reaction score
Really good pick. If we nail our 3rd rounder, the rest is icing on the cake.

Nailing a 3rd round pick is really hard what I mean is you can nail it on draft day...then 3 years later, did you really nail it? Couple different things. I hope Gallimore proves worthy. Who knows..

CCBoy

Reaction score
They didn't even interview CD. Arguably they simply got lucky *despite* a lack of due diligence.

I hadn't followed the draft run up at all. I look at what the NFL had listed as their highest ranked remaining players when we're on the clock and there was Diggs and some LB. I figured Diggs. And we picked him.

I would have made the same picks as them with no prep and next to no thought. Does that make me a draft genius?

In some previous drafts I thought they had done some good due diligence on players to uncover bargains. So far here, they've just made the obvious pick.

No, that still points only to the narrowness of your preparation, not the Cowboys. One can rest assured, that due diligence and work was done on researching all talents coming up to the draft...even the come-from-no where types of players. Some of them are even solid...but not just a lucky roll of the dice.

That really is done only by short-sighted fans and media creating problems to report.

CCBoy

Reaction score
One of those things that he says he's prepared to do is join the Cowboys' defense and force turnovers. A former wide receiver like his brother, he says he plans on attacking the ball.

"I don't want pass breakups. I want interceptions," he said.

If he's right, Diggs is the player Cowboys fans have been waiting for for quite a few years.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/star-struck-diggs-lands-on-his-favorite-team

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I knew it would be a CB but thought Fulton was the guy. Diggs is your starter, all positions of need are filled at this point.

Now pick up a S, OT and some DL the rest of the way.
Throw in some LB help and Im good with that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Cowboys are killin’ it so far. Got the Corner help we needed. A lot of teams had a 1st-Round grade on Diggs. Great player slid to us at pick at 51. Love it.

Grade: A

I love this pick!!! Diggs is an excellent CB! Nice to pair him with Lamb. Proper coach! Good draft! Things are looking good for us!

triplets_93

Reaction score
49815970931_fee5e2aa3c_o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.