Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select CB Trevon Diggs with the 51st Pick (2nd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyv

Reaction score
I like his size.

Steal at 51

I like his size just some concerns with his hips and turning hopefully its ok too me I like the pick but a liiitle afraid plays stiff and his turning ability i just hope he doesnt get burned deep alot. Overall its solid pick i have a few concerns.

morasp

Reaction score
Fourth best corner first round talent good pick.

Overview
Talented prospect with rare combination of size, strength and ball skills. As a former receiver, Diggs has an instinctive feel for his opponent's plans and uses his size and athleticism to disrupt the blueprint when possible. The foot agility and short-area burst are good for his size and helped keep completion totals low. He's inconsistent staying in phase with downfield routes and long speed is his kryptonite, causing grabbing and holding when panic sets in. He's a future starting press-man corner with the hands and ball tracking to take it away and should benefit from more help over the top as a pro. Future consideration at free safety is possible considering his size and skill set.
Strengths
  • Elite height, weight and length
  • Size and strength for unique matchup potential against big targets
  • Receivers catch quick jabs or heavy jams from press
  • Fluid and athletic to open and match the route
  • Above-average foot agility for a big cornerback underneath
  • Eyes recognize route-jumping opportunities
  • Little wasted motion to plant, drive and close
  • Wide receiver's instincts and catch talent
  • Used ball skills to make baller interceptions this season
  • Length to become a human shield on 50/50 throws
  • Opportunistic with scoop and score and pick-six in 2019
  • Returned punts and kicks with reasonable success

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Don’t think they are looking at traditional every down DEs. Instead, I think they’re looking for fast “Edge/Linebacker” players. Stephen Jones already said SAM/Designated Pass rusher type player. You can get those guys in round 3 or 4.

Luke Gifford? Seemed like that type, and a lot of people were very excited about him last year as a "pet cat" type.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Get a center or defensive end in round three and this draft is already a success.

Not sure if there's a safety left worth picking up before tomorrow.

davidariust24

Reaction score
Cowboys are killin’ it so far. Got the Corner help we needed. A lot of teams had a 1st-Round grade on Diggs. Great player slid to us at pick at 51. Love it.

Grade: A

This guy is a potential pick. He has the potential to be very good.

CCBoy

Reaction score
He plays the ball and has good directional changes. Another starter to the draft...so this draft is already strong. There will be some secondary competition this season!

Like this pick...:starspin:

cowboyec

Reaction score
get a 1st round talent @51.
i'll take it.
6'1.
32' long arms.
helluva player.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes ......... this is not a normal Cowboys draft.

No reaching ....... no trying to find Jerry's stupid "*********"

just good playmaking football players

Makes a big difference when you draft in the middle of each round. All you have to do is wait to see who drops and snag them. Once you get 20 and further its slim pickings.

Honestly we couldn't have asked for a better year last year. Probably an 11-5 team that underachieved with the horrid Garrett. Got Garrett fired and we got the 17th pick in the draft to kick off MM's tenure.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Great pick. Two potential home runs.

I loved the Lamb pick but wouldn't have hated it if Dallas traded back and took Diggs last night.

Now got the cake and can eat it too.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I don't think that "we" are killing it. We're just not screwing up by getting cute.

The stars are aligning and the Draft Gods are just tossing us *consensus* gifts, and even greater gifts by our own reckoning.
C'mon, the team knows what it wants and did it's homework...give credit where it's earned!

Status
Not open for further replies.