Drafted by Cowboys Cowboys Select CB Trevon Diggs with the 51st Pick (2nd Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Reaction score
We truly are.

I'm ecstatic. Didn't get Chaisson in round one, but got Diggs in round two. And I can't fault them for taking Lamb at pick 17. A smudge away from having my ideal 1 & 2 picks, I can't complain one bit.

I can't be ecstatic if I have to see Goodell's face, but other than that today qualifies.

Kaiser

Reaction score
How fast is he? I don’t see his 40

He didn't run at his Pro Day, Brugler's guide doesn't list a time but has him as the 33rd overall player.

STRENGTHS: Tall, long corner with the strength of a safety…lower body twitch to stay composed in his movements and spring in any direction…balanced in space to stay within arm’s length of receivers, easily reacting to different routes…enough long-speed to stay attached to vertical routes…outstanding ball skills due to his hand-eye coordination, making athletic plays on the ball…gets his head turned and keeps an eye on the backfield to read both the man and the ball…skilled with his off hand and understands body position…uses a patient stab in press-man without sacrificing his footing…shows the play strength to shed perimeter blocks…rarely out-physicaled by receivers…competes with tremendous confidence…returned kicks and punts in college, averaging 9.2 yards per punt return (31/284/0).

WEAKNESSES: Not a technically sound player…tends to get lazy with his footwork and stance, hindering his breaks…wasn’t coached to pedal in college…prematurely opens his hips and makes it tougher on himself to shadow…handsy downfield with a bad habit of grabbing to slow routes…late to recognize route combinations…needs to improve his awareness of field landmarks (first down marker, sideline, etc.)…fast and physical downhill in run support, but often arrives too hot with wild tackling technique…missed most of his junior season due to a broken foot (October 2018), requiring season-ending surgery…missed one game as a sophomore due to a right foot injury (September 2017).

jblaze2004

Reaction score

ouch....Chase is a beast though.
Chase absolutely dominated the SEC in 2019, catching 84 passes for 1,780 yards and 20 touchdowns. Wow if he came out this season no question he would be the top WR.

Diggs only played 2 years at CB so he is a little raw.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
C'mon, the team knows what it wants and did it's homework...give credit where it's earned!

They didn't even interview CD. Arguably they simply got lucky *despite* a lack of due diligence.

I hadn't followed the draft run up at all. I look at what the NFL had listed as their highest ranked remaining players when we're on the clock and there was Diggs and some LB. I figured Diggs. And we picked him.

I would have made the same picks as them with no prep and next to no thought. Does that make me a draft genius?

In some previous drafts I thought they had done some good due diligence on players to uncover bargains. So far here, they've just made the obvious pick.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think that "we" are killing it. We're just not screwing up by getting cute.

The stars are aligning and the Draft Gods are just tossing us *consensus* gifts, and even greater gifts by our own reckoning.
We may not be "killing it", but we're not "killing ourselves" either.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I would have traded down and been happy to take Diggs in mid 20’s....until Lamb dropped.

Now they get his at #51.....A+++ draft so far.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Multiple DEs were there for the taking. They have a lot more faith in Gregory and Smith than I do.
Goddell has the Cowboys season in his hands. I think Gregory will be ok but I think Aldon might get a few games for that DWI in June of 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.