Cowboys select WR Danny Coale VaTech

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Also Punted at VT which I thought was interesting.

Had the top 3 cone and 60 shuttle among WR's. Real possession receiver

jchap

Reaction score
Also has a degree in Finance so maybe he can help the accounting department after we cut him in camp

SDogo

Reaction score
jchap;4537039 said:
Maybe he can convert to OG or Center

Also has a degree in Finance so maybe he can help the accounting department after we cut him in camp

*sigh*

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
jchap;4537039 said:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I swear.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Great kid who loves the game and is fearless!

Love the pick :starspin

SDogo

Reaction score
Coale, a four-year starter, is served well by his thickness and balance when working out of the slot. He is savvy and can use his explosiveness in short areas to get open in zones. He thrives on making one player miss and getting upfield. He has the skillset to succeed at the next level and stands to be a fifth-round pick. He is a mature player who can step in right away, and will be attractive to teams looking for receiver depth.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Coale understands how to be a possession receiver and work across the field to gain separation when working against man or zone coverage. He is quick with his feet, both off the line of scrimmage and in his routes, and can gain a step to get open. He also understands how to throttle his routes down when working against zone coverage. He is heady enough to make an immediate impact in the NFL. While he will be productive underneath, he has the speed to stretch the field and the physicality and fearlessness to go across the middle.

WEAKNESSES Coale can struggle against bigger corners if he doesn't separate immediately off the line. He also is limited with the ball in his hands after the catch, and generally just tries to do what he can. He isn't a reliable blocker outside and struggles to sustain and stay in front of his man when working in the run game. He will be serviceable, but likely won't be very explosive at the next level.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
SDogo;4537065 said:
Coale, a four-year starter, is served well by his thickness and balance when working out of the slot. He is savvy and can use his explosiveness in short areas to get open in zones. He thrives on making one player miss and getting upfield. He has the skillset to succeed at the next level and stands to be a fifth-round pick. He is a mature player who can step in right away, and will be attractive to teams looking for receiver depth.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Coale understands how to be a possession receiver and work across the field to gain separation when working against man or zone coverage. He is quick with his feet, both off the line of scrimmage and in his routes, and can gain a step to get open. He also understands how to throttle his routes down when working against zone coverage. He is heady enough to make an immediate impact in the NFL. While he will be productive underneath, he has the speed to stretch the field and the physicality and fearlessness to go across the middle.

WEAKNESSES Coale can struggle against bigger corners if he doesn't separate immediately off the line. He also is limited with the ball in his hands after the catch, and generally just tries to do what he can. He isn't a reliable blocker outside and struggles to sustain and stay in front of his man when working in the run game. He will be serviceable, but likely won't be very explosive at the next level.

i can live with that

jamesdojr

Reaction score
LOL!!!! :lmao2:

Classic....

But actually I'm ok with this pick... Sounds like a good player.

jchap;4537039 said:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SDogo;4537038 said:

yep, averaged 43 yards per punt, and booted along one 61 yards, while runnng 4.44 speed in 40, and avg about 60 receptions, Good decent pick, but I am thinking cowboys may have found a punter, and that can play in the slot wr, which in turn will push ogletree

would be good if your punter can play wr too, save you a roster spot, if cowboys are thinking of using him as a punter but can play as a move it the chains wr, but his speed doesnt translate onto the field, but tough, another trait jason garrett likes, studies, works hard

JeffInDC

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4537027 said:
Cowboys select WR Danny Coale VaTech

Goodbye Ogletree. I "TRUE" Slot WR. Tough as nails. A bigger, BETTER Amendola (since some on this board seem to miss what Amendola turned out to be). Living in the DMV area, I obviously get to see VT play quite a bit. Has ALWAYS been there most consistent WR during his time there.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
jchap;4537039 said:

:laugh1:

Actually, he might be okay. I seem to remember him making a lot of tough, clutch catches.

Probably at least as good a prospect as Dwayne Harris.

ghst187

Reaction score
jchap;4537039 said:

wow that is epic!:lmao2:

however, i think i'm actually okay with this pick

Chuck 54

Reaction score
jchap;4537039 said:

A big time, big play receiver in the ACC...4.4 40....great hands, acrobatic catches, great blocker.

I was so hoping you were going to say maybe his finance degree would enable him to keep Dez out of debt.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
SDogo;4537038 said:

That 3 cone is smoking at 6.69, so he has plenty of quickness.

Definitely an interesting pick, we needed someone with his skill set, wish he could return punts.