Cowboys send 5 to Pro Bowl *Merge*

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2500079 said:
You could make an argument for Romo, but he missed some games.
He went in 2006 and didn't play at all the first five games, so missing three games shouldn't have hurt him.

Rick_Deckard

luvtheboys
Reaction score
gmb85;2500061 said:
Well... hopefully the guys will play pissed off on Saturday.

I would love to see Brady play like Charles Jefferson after Spicoli got done with his car.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Once Anthony Spencer comes into his own that LB corp will be the best in the biz; Ware, James and Spencer ought to be double digit sack guys.

twentytwo

Reaction score
Yeah I would have loved to see Bradie James go.

And I think Newman and Romo would be there if they were never injured.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After looking at the NFC roster, Flozell has a pretty good chance to go. Samuels and Jones will probably not go due to injuries. They'll need replacements.

Other than Romo, I really don't have a problem with the selections. Bradie didn't come on strong until the second half of the season.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2500076 said:
Who is the poster (someone has a sig of him saying it) that says, "Jay Ratliff will never make a pro bowl, and he will never deserve to either"

Can't remember the poster, but his sig is quoting me... I said something like "Jay Ratliff will never make the Pro Bowl, and he shouldn't"... I have since made it real clear that I was talking about him making it last year, not that he would never deserve to make it, in spite of the way I worded it...

He certainly did deserve it this year, and I'm happy for him...

I wouldn't be surprised if Bradie James is one of the alternates, I kinda thought he had a chance to break through this year... I guess he just came on a little late...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
percyhoward;2500107 said:
He went in 2006 and didn't play at all the first five games, so missing three games shouldn't have hurt him.

He lit up the league in those few games coming out of nowhere, and there really weren't that many deserving QBs that year anyhow.

In only 10 games he was 15th in yards (2903) 5th in QB rating (95.1), 11th in TD (19), 1st in YPA (8.61), 2nd in completion % (65.3%), and 2nd in TD% (5.3%)

They didn't just give it to him that year. He had better stats than MOST QBs in 6 less games! What he did, he did prolifically and with an extremely high effeicency to be able to produce all of that and the 5th best QB rating league wide in the process.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I notice that all the Skins fans who stuffed the ballot box still only resulted in 3 of them making the team-- Portis, Cooley and Samuels...

Samuels is questionable, IMO... Portis and Cooley are worthy... can't think of anybody on their team who got unfairly left off...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
silverbear;2500134 said:
Can't remember the poster, but his sig is quoting me... I have since made it real clear that I was talking about him making it last year, not that he would never deserve to make it...

He certainly did deserve it this year, and I'm happy for him...

I wouldn't be surprised if Bradie James isn't one of the alternates, I kinda thought he had a chance to break through this year... I guess he just came on a little late...

The best James could be is 3rd alternate since Pierce is 1st and London Fletcher is 2nd alternate

Thats a bunch of BS

Romo missing is pretty horrible too

willia451

Reaction score
I agree with most. I think Romo and Newman go if they had not gotten injured. And Bradie James? What can I say. I was really pulling for him that he would get selected. He's been fantastic. But, it is what it is I guess.

Still, very nice to see Ratliff recognized. His play speaks for itself. At least IMO.

Go Cowboys!!!