Cowboys send 5 to Pro Bowl *Merge*

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I don't watch many Carolina games, is Beason really that good? Making the Pro Bowl in your second year is quite an accomplishment, especially for a LB without an overwhelming amount of catalytic plays (no sacks, no forced fumbles, 3 picks).

joseephuss

Reaction score
PBJTime;2500156 said:
That's just silly.

Brees over Romo is the questionable selection. He is garnering a lot of attention because of the yardage total he has accumulated. That is not that big of a deal to me considering he plays in such a pass happy offense. He has 28 TD passes while Romo has 24 TD passes in 3 less games.

Brees has played 6 games where his QB rating was less than 70, which is less than mediocre. Romo has played one game where his QB rating was less than 70. Of course that was the Pittsburgh game and everyone will see that as Romo failing badly. Well, Brees has done the same thing in the Saints losses.

The Saints lost all 6 games where Brees QB rating was less than 70. In 5 of those 7 losses Brees threw more interceptions than touchdowns. In another loss he threw 2 TDs and 2 INTs. In another loss he threw 1 TD and 0 INTs. Brees is contributing greatly to the Saints losses. When he plays poorly, the team loses and in those losses he has played very poorly.

Romo has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns in only two games this season and Dallas won one of those games.

Romo played horribly against the Steelers, but Brees has played horribly in many more games this season.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
What a deal we got when we signed Ratliff to his long term deal. Jerry stole that one, Rat's already earned his money on that contract in contrast to other deals shelled out to guys on the defensive line. Best thing is he's a nightmare anywhere on the line in a 3-4 and would be a nightmare at DT in a 4-3.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2500076 said:
Who is the poster (someone has a sig of him saying it) that says, "Jay Ratliff will never make a pro bowl, and he will never deserve to either"

I was trying to remember that as well ...... anyone remember who it was?

joseephuss

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2500187 said:
What a deal we got when we signed Ratliff to his long term deal. Jerry stole that one, Rat's already earned his money on that contract in contrast to other deals shelled out to guys on the defensive line. Best thing is he's a nightmare anywhere on the line in a 3-4 and would be a nightmare at DT in a 4-3.

What other contract deals to guys on the d-line?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Bradie should DEFINITELY be in over Beason, Beason has 122 tackles and 2 ints, that's it. Bradie has 100 tackles, 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
joseephuss;2500182 said:
Brees over Romo is the questionable selection. He is garnering a lot of attention because of the yardage total he has accumulated. That is not that big of a deal to me considering he plays in such a pass happy offense. He has 28 TD passes while Romo has 24 TD passes in 3 less games.

Brees has played 6 games where his QB rating was less than 70, which is less than mediocre. Romo has played one game where his QB rating was less than 70. Of course that was the Pittsburgh game and everyone will see that as Romo failing badly. Well, Brees has done the same thing in the Saints losses.

The Saints lost all 6 games where Brees QB rating was less than 70. In 5 of those 7 losses Brees threw more interceptions than touchdowns. In another loss he threw 2 TDs and 2 INTs. In another loss he threw 1 TD and 0 INTs. Brees is contributing greatly to the Saints losses. When he plays poorly, the team loses and in those losses he has played very poorly.

Romo has thrown more interceptions than touchdowns in only two games this season and Dallas won one of those games.

Romo played horribly against the Steelers, but Brees has played horribly in many more games this season.

Brees is quickly becoming my new Carson Palmer. A guy who, while obviously talented, has had the top-3-QB-in-the-league label unfairly applied.

Is he a good player? Sure. But he's a guy who has won just one playoff game in his entire career -- which consists of considerably more starts than Romo -- and doesn't even routinely get his team to the playoffs. And, as you said, he has some pretty piss poor stats in the Saints' losses.

Not to mention his stats benefit from the fact they simply cannot and, at times, refuse to run the football. When you throw the ball 50 times, it usually amounts to a lot of yardage.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCount;2500205 said:
Bradie should DEFINITELY be in over Beason, Beason has 122 tackles and 2 ints, that's it. Bradie has 100 tackles, 6 sacks and 2 forced fumbles.

I would have like to seen Brady James make it I made sure I voted for him. I felt he deserved it this season.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2500167 said:
I don't watch many Carolina games, is Beason really that good? Making the Pro Bowl in your second year is quite an accomplishment, especially for a LB without an overwhelming amount of catalytic plays (no sacks, no forced fumbles, 3 picks).

Beason is pretty dang good. He was probably good enough to make it last year. Guy has a 122 tackles, 100 Solo and 3 INTs at this point in the season. I agree with whomever said so long as Beason and Willis are around, Bradie probably doesn't have much of a chance. JMO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I just hope the guys on the team who feel they deserve to make the Pro Bowl go out and show people around the NFL they made a mistake in snubbing them. At least this could provide some personal motivation to some players on this team

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2500239 said:
Beason is pretty dang good. He was probably good enough to make it last year. Guy has a 122 tackles, 100 Solo and 3 INTs at this point in the season. I agree with whomever said so long as Beason and Willis are around, Bradie probably doesn't have much of a chance. JMO.

IF that's your argument D'Qwell Jackson of the infamous Cleveland Browns has 136 tackles, 2 sacks and 3 ints and he isn't going to the Pro Bowl in the AFC. Is Jackson better than both Bradie and Beason then?

The voters obviously let the records of the Cowboys vs Panthers influence them.

In the AFC, Ray Lewis is the starter and he has 104 tackles, 1 forced fumble and 3 ints... but clearly the Ravens have a better team than the Browns and Ray Lewis has a rep, so he gets the nod.

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2500085 said:
good to see Jay-Rat make it. don't know about Gurode. Romo and James got robbed.

Only thing robbed from Romo is a football, hell I guess its not really robbery if you give it away

newlander

Reaction score
Congrats to JRat: condolences to TNEw who missed out because he got hurt IMO>

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
where's the idiot who told me last year that Ratliff would NEVER make the probowl?..

i've got some nice crow for you, *****

landryscorner

Reaction score
this might sound bad but I'm sorry....I'm glad FLo didn't make it, guess everyone finally got tired of his false starts, which currently leads the leaguge in them..

BigBoy63

Reaction score
the kid 05;2500070 said:
wow rat got 1st selection? Ware 5th? what other linebackers were before him?!!

congrats to the fab 5!

even if that was the case it would be the third not fifth if you could read or anything

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
dwarecwby311;2500337 said:
where's the idiot who told me last year that Ratliff would NEVER make the probowl?..

i've got some nice crow for you, *****

Your crow is going to spoil. Silver said he wouldnt make it last year and he was right Ratliff didnt make it last year

He stated in this post that he wouldnt rule out ratliff making it in the future

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2500239 said:

Thanks.

I didn't think Bradie was more than a fringe possibility for the Pro Bowl anyway, so it's not that I think he was "hosed" like TNew has been a few times. Although it is pretty rare to see a ILB rack up those kind of sack totals.