Cowboys send 5 to Pro Bowl *Merge*

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2502109 said:
I believe the problem here is that you are under the conception that this is an arguement. There is no arguement. The selections have been made. Bradie James did not get in.

I can't speak for why Jackson didn't get in. He probably should have but I guess he didn't. I stand by my original statement. So long as Beason and Willis are in the NFC, it's going to be hard for James to ever make the Pro Bowl.

You may have made the mistake of thinking that by "your argument", I was referring to you specifically. I was speaking more to the voters than you, I quoted you as an assumption that that your argument (or statement, or whatever you wish to call it) for how many tackles Beason has may also be part of what factored into their not voting for Bradie.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TheCount;2502262 said:
You may have made the mistake of thinking that by "your argument", I was referring to you specifically. I was speaking more to the voters than you, I quoted you as an assumption that that your argument (or statement, or whatever you wish to call it) for how many tackles Beason has may also be part of what factored into their not voting for Bradie.

I don't think I miss understood anything. I simply replied to Rosh and his question. Is Beason that good? The answer is yes, Beason is that good. He was selected to go to the Pro Bowl. Your reply was stated in such a way as to emply an arguement was being made. That is not the case.

Jackson did lead the league and according to Adam, who I probably trust for data more then the NFL, is also on the team. 100 Solo tackles is a lot. last year he had 106 solo I believe. The guy is a great player and his team is playing well. To me, it makes sense why he was voted on. 6 sacks is a very good accomplishment for an ILB, no question, but so are the production numbers Beason is posting for Carolina. I mean, this guy is a tackling machine. He was that way in college and he is just carrying that on, into the NFL.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2502350 said:
I don't think I miss understood anything. I simply replied to Rosh and his question. Is Beason that good? The answer is yes, Beason is that good. He was selected to go to the Pro Bowl. Your reply was stated in such a way as to emply an arguement was being made. That is not the case.

So Favre has played better this year than Jay Cutler because he is also in the pro bowl and Cutler is not. (for now)

Like I said in the other thread, we shouldn't pretend production or skill is the only measure in who gets voted in and who gets voted out.

I never said Beason was not a good player and I already explained why my post was stated the way it was. Whether Beason is in and Bradie is out has no effect on whether the selections can be argued or not, in fact, they will always be argued just like who can argue over who the sexiest woman is, regardless of how Maxim magazine ends up ranking them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
TheCount;2502383 said:
So Favre has played better this year than Jay Cutler because he is also in the pro bowl and Cutler is not. (for now)

Like I said in the other thread, we shouldn't pretend production or skill is the only measure in who gets voted in and who gets voted out.

I never said Beason was not a good player and I already explained why my post was stated the way it was. Whether Beason is in and Bradie is out has no effect on whether the selections can be argued or not, in fact, they will always be argued just like who can argue over who the sexiest woman is, regardless of how Maxim magazine ends up ranking them.

I don't think so but apparently somebody does. One has nothing to do with the other. As for Bradie and his case, well, he's played well over the 2nd half of the season. He's had a good season to this point and his 6 sacks are impressive but I have no real issue with who was selected to go to the Pro Bowl at ILB for the NFC. If you wish to argue the point, thats also OK. Just not with me. I have no issue so I have no arguement to make.

:)