Cowboys should have traded Ezekiel Elliott last year

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He’s the best pass protecting RB in the league, brother. You’re not telling me anything I don’t know. He still plays RB though. Short shel lives, and you can find really good ones with top-100 picks. You don’t spend capital on them that you’d otherwise only spend on QB, OT, or elite Edge players.

Durability and blocking is really the only two things you can say about Zeke that are top notch.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
really? dude MC was not on EE level and was injured A LOT!! not even a debate..Zekes here because he was exactly what we thought he was coming out of college, MO was NOT!

Zeke does much more then stay in on 3rd and catch balls but your own words contradicts the tapping out issue you believe is there, IT IS NOT..HE DOESNT GET SUBBED LIKE OTHER BACKS , HES IN A LOT MORE ON MANY PLAYS AND COACHES LET HIM PULL HIMSELF OUT AND ITS A LOT LESS THEN ANY OTHER BACK IN THE LEGAUE..

SERIOUSLY, HE LEADS THE LEGUE IN CARRIES SINCE 2016 , last year ,short 3 carries to lead all backs.. tap out are him subbing out when normally coaches pull other backs and put in other backs, you have 3 back system or even a full time 2 back rotation coaches are pulling you all the time and they have half the carries zeke has, so too much? what being on the field for 70% of the offensive snaps, maybe even more is tapping out too much..?????????

give it a break.. dude is in great shape, hes durable, he plays all 3 downs, hes agreat blocker, 2 time rushing champion and had he not been suspended as he led in YPG he would have had over 1350 running yards and another 400 hes booked for around 1800 and 10 all purpose yards and scores every year..he would have had 3 straight crowns to start a career..

WOW the gall... hes here hes the DC Star and somehow the hate claws continue to come out.. want to find issues with al players you stare at them and make narratives thats dont hold water..

carefully remove the hate goggles and transform the troll Avatar you live in to reality..
Yeah seriously. I’m not a fan so

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You said earlier that you just didn't "like" him. I mean, right there....is messed up. How are you supposed to ***** him fairly if "well I just don;t like the dude". You won;t.

But yeah.....let's hope a new regime brings refreshment and accountability. From off-season workouts right up to a playoff run.

Edit....the auto hide feature won't let me say/spell access but with two esses instead of the cee's. LOL...what in the heck. REALLY?
Why because I don’t like his character I can’t critique his physical abilities. I’m not that shallow

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You said earlier that you just didn't "like" him. I mean, right there....is messed up. How are you supposed to ***** him fairly if "well I just don;t like the dude". You won;t.

But yeah.....let's hope a new regime brings refreshment and accountability. From off-season workouts right up to a playoff run.

Edit....the auto hide feature won't let me say/spell access but with two esses instead of the cee's. LOL...what in the heck. REALLY?
Tell me how many touchdowns did all those yards get us. Fact is just as many turnovers

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Durability and blocking is really the only two things you can say about Zeke that are top notch.

He’s a great all around RB. Which is like having a great all-around belt. Sure, you can spend $300 on a belt. It’d be awesome, but it doesn’t hold your pants up any better than a $20 belt.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s a great all around RB. Which is like having a great all-around belt. Sure, you can spend $300 on a belt. It’d be awesome, but it doesn’t hold your pants up any better than a $20 belt.

Wow....a 20 dollar belt analogy about an elite athlete....top 3 NFL running back So original! So amazing! You solved the puzzle.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So....carries, yards.....none of those are elite....you know...the kinds of things that make one an elite RB? He NEVER ever had yards or TDs or carries or receptions. Ever.

Good call.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why because I don’t like his character I can’t critique his physical abilities. I’m not that shallow

BUT...you ALREADY SAID...and I QUOTE "but I don't like him".

I am not making that up that is what you said! Pretty shallow if you ask me.

You don't have to LIKE him. He does not have to be your personal hero.

Did you "like" the man that Too Tall Jones was?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s the best pass protecting RB in the league, brother. You’re not telling me anything I don’t know. He still plays RB though. Short shel lives, and you can find really good ones with top-100 picks. You don’t spend capital on them that you’d otherwise only spend on QB, OT, or elite Edge players.

And where does that get teams. You tell me. What teams "only spend on QB, OT or elite edge players"...that win super bowls. Oh okay New England...ammmi rite?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So....carries, yards.....none of those are elite....you know...the kinds of things that make one an elite RB? He NEVER ever had yards or TDs or carries or receptions. Ever.

Good call.

Yards and carries aren't traits. Which is what I am talking about. Try to keep up here.

Speed, quickness, vision, open field moves, big play potential, passing game

These are all traits that he isnt elite at. Not even close on some of those.

He is a tough, durable, well rounded back. But thats about it. And now he is the most expensive back in the NFL by a looooooong shot.

Heck, I dont think there is even a back in the NFL getting paid over 10 million per season other than David Johnson and he just got traded because of his inflated contract.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yards and carries aren't traits. Which is what I am talking about. Try to keep up here.

He is a tough, durable, well rounded back. But thats about it. And now he is the most expensive back in the NFL by a looooooong shot.

Heck, I dont think there is even a back in the NFL getting paid over 10 million per season other than David Johnson and he just got traded because of his inflated contract.

You just contradicted YOURSELF. LOL "Oh wait David Johnson".

Look...you do not want us talking about Dak....just last season. Right? That isn't FAIR. Not telling the whole Dak story., But by god you're gonna lecture us how Zeke is suddenly slow. no quickness. no open field vision or moves".

That is ONE season......chaotic, holdout. I agree he wasn't his best....can't deny that. But Dak regressed too...and you'll defend THAT? What the f ? (welll, at least I haven;t seen you do the same to dak that you are now doing to zeke,,,,,I'll stand corrected if you have references slamming dak in the same way you are NOW slamming zeke....)

How about we take a ***** time out reset? If Dak deserves one ...so does Zeke. And Zeke has the top 3 numbers for 4 years now. Maybe top 1...if you factor EVERYTHING in...which you appear to be very reluctant to do. Unfkbelavlble for so called fan! What do you say> Yes...no? Slack? For one season?> Yes?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

BTW...YARDS and CARRIES...ARE traits! Some can do it all game and all season and some can't. The more carries they get...the less yards..because it's harder to do.

I can;t believe I fell for you misdirection. "yards and carries aren't traits".

Wow....your pure hate is too strong.Almost got passed me. "yards and carries are not traits." Wow....I didn;t thing people like you existed. But, there you are.

aria

Reaction score
Too bad RB yards and fancy stats don’t win championships, what a waste of money. Glad Zeke won bragging rights for his fans, good for Zeke. Unfortunately that doesn’t equate to W’s for the Cowboys, money and draft spot poorly used.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You just contradicted YOURSELF. LOL "Oh wait David Johnson".

Look...you do not want us talking about Dak....just last season. Right? That isn't FAIR. Not telling the whole Dak story., But by god you're gonna lecture us how Zeke is suddenly slow. no quickness. no open field vision or moves".

That is ONE season......chaotic, holdout. I agree he wasn't his best....can't deny that. But Dak regressed too...and you'll defend THAT? What the f ? (welll, at least I haven;t seen you do the same to dak that you are now doing to zeke,,,,,I'll stand corrected if you have references slamming dak in the same way you are NOW slamming zeke....)

How about we take a ***** time out reset? If Dak deserves one ...so does Zeke. And Zeke has the top 3 numbers for 4 years now. Maybe top 1...if you factor EVERYTHING in...which you appear to be very reluctant to do. Unfkbelavlble for so called fan! What do you say> Yes...no? Slack? For one season?> Yes?
Lol....I said not elite.

Said nothing about no quickness or no anything.
Said nothing about one season either. Try not to kick the dog. :thumbup:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Too bad RB yards and fancy stats don’t win championships, what a waste of money. Glad Zeke won bragging rights for his fans, good for Zeke. Unfortunately that doesn’t equate to W’s for the Cowboys, money and draft spot poorly used.
:hammer::clap::clap::clap::clap:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
BTW...YARDS and CARRIES...ARE traits! Some can do it all game and all season and some can't. The more carries they get...the less yards..because it's harder to do.

I can;t believe I fell for you misdirection. "yards and carries aren't traits".

Wow....your pure hate is too strong.Almost got passed me. "yards and carries are not traits." Wow....I didn;t thing people like you existed. But, there you are.

And no yards and carries aren’t traits. Lol

how about we move on here? You can’t even formulate a valid argument.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And where does that get teams. You tell me. What teams "only spend on QB, OT or elite edge players"...that win super bowls. Oh okay New England...ammmi rite?

Quick: who’s the Super Bowl champs’ leading rusher last season? Compare/contrast him it’s their QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow....a 20 dollar belt analogy about an elite athlete....top 3 NFL running back So original! So amazing! You solved the puzzle.

You’ve seen the RB/belt analogy before? Be honest. Or come up with a better post. You pick.