Twitter: Cowboys should sign OBJ and Will Fuller

Sydla

Reaction score
guys the overreactions are priceless

we have time to Let the young guys battle

bring in a vet late in preseason, if needed.

we have battles with Tolbert, Vasher, semi, Houston , and Turpin.others as well.

thing that worries me is Moore will always be Moore we have a starting WR, 2 good Rbs and if the line can come together use a heavy run game, pa pass, moving Pollard and turpin around in motion same with lamb etc etc that 6-0 run last season was just that run game was strong line played well and then injuries hit.

Moore with Lamb and Schultz and add those motion guys like Pollard and Turpin etc im not worried about the talent its the scheming and gameplans,

LOL.

There is zero doubt in 2018 you said the same thing about how we shouldn't panic on WRs.

There is zero reason to not bring a vet or two into camp now and work with Prescott. Give them a full camp to get acclimated. Banking on Tolbert and Turpin and Vasher to fill holes and be a legitimate #2 WR to keep Lamb from being doubled all the time is moronic.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I did too. Looks like he could help on special teams, but probably no better than a 4-5 WR on the depth chart

Agree 100% .......his reel is average. In fact, I'm not sure he's better than Noah

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
u may be right but I think it was more Jerry sending a message. We have no one capable to replace him. CeeDee couldnt do it last year-hopefully he will be better this year. We also have more than enough cap especially if we reworked the contract. Caps never been brought up as a problem but Jerry has commented on his disappointment with Coop and the vaccine
They knew all along that keeping Lamb, Gallup and Cooper was going to be hard to do. Sure they could have made it work this year, but the thing I think most fans forget about the salary cap is the one year implication isn't the only consideration. Long term contracts have long term implications, and there are points over the length of a contract the team can get out with the least ongoing impact. I think Cooper reached that point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
guys the overreactions are priceless

we have time to Let the young guys battle

bring in a vet late in preseason, if needed.

we have battles with Tolbert, Vasher, semi, Houston , and Turpin.others as well.

thing that worries me is Moore will always be Moore we have a starting WR, 2 good Rbs and if the line can come together use a heavy run game, pa pass, moving Pollard and turpin around in motion same with lamb etc etc that 6-0 run last season was just that run game was strong line played well and then injuries hit.

Moore with Lamb and Schultz and add those motion guys like Pollard and Turpin etc im not worried about the talent its the scheming and gameplans,

While I have high hopes for these other WR I would like to get vet experience out there who can come in a help right away. Jerry messed up in 2018 the season Cooper was brought in but prior to that this team struggled. No sense in repeating that mistake. Go out get vet help now, these other WR can help and get there opportunities since we will need at least 4 to 5 WR. Right now Gallup is out and outside of Lamb not 1 WR has ever caught an NFL TD and in some cases an NFL pass in their career

fredp22

Reaction score
To Quote Amari Cooper "The White Kirk Cousins"

Was a factor

Jimmy wasnt afraid to cut a non factor player. If the player mattered tho he looked the other way. If this was Emmitt Jimmy would have backed the player and talked to him privately. lower level player he would have cut him. Jimmy could have cut Irvin or Haley 50 times for their behavior but he knew the players meant to much to the team

Jerry doesnt get that. Coop is valuable. Jerry cutting him was bad move and sent a message no one received and hurt the team. He should have kept him and talked to him behind the scenes.

Sydla

Reaction score
While I have high hopes for these other WR I would like to get vet experience out there who can come in a help right away. Jerry messed up in 2018 the season Cooper was brought in but prior to that this team struggled. No sense in repeating that mistake. Go out get vet help now, these other WR can help and get there opportunities since we will need at least 4 to 5 WR. Right now Gallup is out and outside of Lamb not 1 WR has ever caught an NFL TD and in some cases an NFL pass in their career

Bingo.

Expecting the JAGs we have or a rookie in Tolbert to fill a vital #2 slot and take some pressure off Lamb is preposterous. They should have a vet in camp by next week working with Dak and the other WRs. It's shortsighted if they do not.

fredp22

Reaction score
They knew all along that keeping Lamb, Gallup and Cooper was going to be hard to do. Sure they could have made it work this year, but the thing I think most fans forget about the salary cap is the one year implication isn't the only consideration. Long term contracts have long term implications, and there are points over the length of a contract the team can get out with the least ongoing impact. I think Cooper reached that point.

disagree for 2 reasons

1- we have more than enough cap that if we dont use gives us nothing

2- all the players we signed in off season were 1 year deals. Every year salaries go up. we didnt do our cap any favors with the 1 year contracts unless we are getting ready for Payton with big cap space to build a team from scratch

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Good god no to Fuller.

He got a 9mil signing bonus only to quit on the Dolphins last year and ponder retirement.
He's an injury prone WR that sat out an entire year. He may/was of been a talented deep threat WR but F that guy.

I saw a mention of Preston Williams earlier in the thread. He can't stay healthy. Probably will be a cut later this month.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
TY Hilton short term and OBJ long term is on my wish list.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bingo.

Expecting the JAGs we have or a rookie in Tolbert to fill a vital #2 slot and take some pressure off Lamb is preposterous. They should have a vet in camp by next week working with Dak and the other WRs. It's shortsighted if they do not.

I agree. You have some guys with big play experience who have a clue about the NFL. These other WR may come through and do a good job but considering they have never done it at this level that is a risk I'm not willing to take.

Sydla

Reaction score
Good god no to Fuller.

He got a 9mil signing bonus only to quit on the Dolphins last year and ponder retirement.
He's an injury prone WR that sat out an entire year. He may/was of been a talented deep threat WR but F that guy.

I saw a mention of Preston Williams earlier in the thread. He can't stay healthy. Probably will be a cut later this month.

He broke his thumb in week 4 and was put on IR by the Dolphins.

He's the most talented guy sitting out there at this point. We also don't need him for a full year. So if he lasts 5-6 games, and then Gallup is back, that's fine. If he lasts longer than that and we have a grouping of Lamb, Gallup and Fuller, that's just gravy.

He's likely also cheap as heck at this point so the risk is minimal.

John813

Reaction score
He broke his thumb in week 4 and was point on IR by the Dolphins.

He's the most talented guy sitting out there at this point. We also don't need him for a full year. So if he lasts 5-6 games, and then Gallup is back, that's fine. If he lasts longer than that and we have a grouping of Lamb, Gallup and Fuller, that's just gravy.

He's likely also cheap as heck at this point so the risk is minimal.

Before the thumb he was already checking himself out and there were rumors he was thinking of retirement.

IIRC too, the thumb was only supposed to keep him out a few weeks. There was a setback but by week 11 Flores was saying there was favorable news regarding the injury. Then poof out the entire year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
we didn't have a LAMB in 18, coop was the addition to get there. we are far better off than we were in 18 even right now. however OBJ an dfuller if they cant be 100% in the first 3 games whats the point..now sanders or TY yes take a look..

glimmerman

Reaction score
We are counting on youth to make a impact long enough for Gallup to return. 1 more WR injury and JJs hand will be forced..

conner01

Reaction score
Why would they bring in OBJ. He wont even play until after Gallup and Washington are back.

Is there something I am missing?
But he has a recognizable name lol
I don’t get some peoples thinking

quickccc

Reaction score
I’d say Will Fuller, Emmanuel Sanders or Adam Humphries.

Id also ship a 4th or 5th to Miami for Preston Williams

Keep in mind that the club is already invested in Gallup and Tolbert long term and have their roles entrenched.
That's why I'd be skeptical about trading for guys and their contracts for just one year rental.
If he's cut and would be willing to sign an incentive laden vet mim for one year, that's a different story.

- I've only known Adam Humphries as a slot guy, can he be effective as an outside guy ? - That is the same concern that as Cole Beasley.
- Sanders is a slot type who could contribute as a punt returner, but at age 35 has he slipped when it comes to separation speed ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
we ddint have a LAMB in 18 coop was the addition to get there. we are far better off then we were in 18 even right now.

We have lamb and that is it as far as experience. Getting a vet in here to help in my view is big. In 2018 we still had Cole, we had Terrance Williams. Gallup was a rookie was eased into having started 8 games that season. In my view this is worst than 2018, I'm not saying they can't do it but expecting them to step in and do the job is asking a hell of a lot. By bringing in a vet it actually helps these young guys because they take some pressure off of them, right now you slap a double on Lamb and force the other WR to make the play. Guys like Fuller and OBJ or someone that actually has vet experience can do just that, they are proven.