Twitter: Cowboys should sign OBJ and Will Fuller

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
??? when did i even suggest Paytons salary is part of cap?

our cap if we dont use it sits there. Saying we are building the cap up for future contracts doesnt make sense cause all our signings are 1 year. if any of these players do well their salary demands will jump i.e. Quinns and do more harm to the cap than doing 2-4 year deals now. When has Jerry or any team ever won anything signing multiple players to 1 year deals

all these 1 year deals expiring plus not resigning Zeke, not resigning Gallup, unless he lights the world on fire not resigning Schultz, Tyron will be scheduled for close to 18m so u tell me, will leave us with a giant cap excess next year.
. What I said was Jerry may be planning to bring in Payton with a huge cap to rebuild from scratch. He sure as heck isnt building for this year.
I'm sorry, I didn't read through your full comment on Payton. I thought you were saying we might be saving money to pay Payton, but I see now you were talking about saving cap space to allow Payton to build a team. My mistake.

I personally think that's unlikely though because I doubt Jerry would give Payton that kind of freedom, or that Payton would coach for an owner/GM that won't give him that freedom. But that's another topic ...

As for the 1 year signings, that is still a 1 year issue. All those players will have to be either re-signed or replaced, so that money doesn't just disappear next year. Right now we don't know if we will be spending more or less to fill those same positions.

And with all the players that have contracts that carry a higher cap hit next year, and others that have to be renegotiated soon, you can't just say we will be at the same level or in a better cap position next year when those contracts expire. The increase in cap hit on Dak's contract alone absolutely ensures that won't be the case.

As for Gallup, we already extended his contract, so not re-signing him isn't an option. I do agree there is a chance we may not keep Elliott beyond this year, but that's not set yet

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fuller is a poor man's Miles Austin
Maybe, but after Gallup comes back we would only need him to be a #3-4 guy anyway, so he doesn't need to be a rich man's Miles Austin. And he has serious speed, which is really what we lost with Washington going down.

Last edited:

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Dak and the most likely WR corp should work OT until they can get it done blindfolded. Repetition, repetition, repetition. Now's time to practice!