Twitter: Cowboys should sign OBJ and Will Fuller

blueblood70

Reaction score
We have lamb and that is it as far as experience. Getting a vet in here to help in my view is big. In 2018 we still had Cole, we had Terrance Williams. Gallup was a rookie was eased into having started 8 games that season. In my view this is worst than 2018, I'm not saying they can't do it but expecting them to step in and do the job is asking a hell of a lot. By bringing in a vet it actually helps these young guys because they take some pressure off of them, right now you slap a double on Lamb and force the other WR to make the play. Guys like Fuller and OBJ or someone that actually has vet experience can do just that, they are proven.
Not if neither can be ready for game 1..fuller has possible suspension coming and OBJ also recovering from acl makes ZERO SENSE given Gallups back by game 4 and Washington as well..just saying those are NOT the correct options if thats true..

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If we got odell it would be for next year and equal to having amari, except Odell wouldn't have 20 mil a year.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
For my money, I would go sign Will Fuller. Dallas could use a deep threat & that is exactly what Fuller does best. Yes, he has struggled w/injuries throughout his career but he is healthy now & that is something the Cowboys need at receiver.

slick325

Reaction score
Not how Stephen Jones operates. They are above the price point and their agents would have leverage since they would be needs in Dallas.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they're spending money, I hope they get a 1T to play WR until Gallup returns. Then he can lineup at nose where he belongs

glimmerman

Reaction score
Fuller perhaps but obj is injured and Gallup would be back before he is ready. Heck Washington will be ready before obj.

Sydla

Reaction score
Before the thumb he was already checking himself out and there were rumors he was thinking of retirement.

IIRC too, the thumb was only supposed to keep him out a few weeks. There was a setback but by week 11 Flores was saying there was favorable news regarding the injury. Then poof out the entire year.

He had to sit the first game because he was suspended by the league. He sat the 2nd game because of a family emergency. He played in the next two, breaking his thumb. Flores seemed to hint he could play after spending time on the IR insinuating Fuller was being soft but it appears the thumb was such an issue, Fuller had to have surgery in early 2022 to repair it.

We are looking for a short term solution here, not a guy to be our WR for the next 3 years. Fuller is easily the most talented guy. If I can get 4-5 games out of him and then Gallup is back and maybe Washington, anything after that is just gravy at this point.

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree with Jane......most logical choice IMO.

Beasley is a slot guy. Lamb is going to bounce around between slot and outside. Tolbert, apparently based on what people are saying here, has been working out of the slot. Beasley doesn't fit. Find a guy who can play outside.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
disagree for 2 reasons

1- we have more than enough cap that if we dont use gives us nothing

2- all the players we signed in off season were 1 year deals. Every year salaries go up. we didnt do our cap any favors with the 1 year contracts unless we are getting ready for Payton with big cap space to build a team from scratch
You are still looking short term.

As to your first point ... again, the team can't manage the cap by looking at this year alone.

As to your second point, … this still appears short sighted - maybe just a look at the 2023 season maybe - and an incomplete look at that.

There are more factors involved that the team has to consider that fans don't necessarily think about.

EXAMPLES:

1. Under the terms of Cooper's contract, making a move at this point in it's life offered the most cap savings
2. Dak's cap hit jumps from $20 million in 2022 to $49 million in 2023
3. Zack Martin's cap hit jumps from $12 million in 2022 to $20 million in 2023.
4. Michael Gallup's cap hit jumps from $4 million in 2022 to $14 million in 2023
5. There is still a pending decision to be made on Schultz getting a long term contract
6. CD Lamb will be entering his last contract year in 2023 (a decision has to be made to negotiate an extension or exercise an option year)
7. Travon Diggs will be entering his last contract year in 2023
8. Tony Pollard's contract ends after this season
9. Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 7 years ago, and replacing the guy protecting the QB's blind side might need to be done through free agency

As for Payton, a coach's salary doesn't count toward the salary cap.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I would like will fuller but I think Beasley will be the guy. Obj doesn’t make sense to sign now since he won’t be eligible to play until November.

Aven8

Reaction score
Not resigning Ced was a mistake IMO. I loved me some Coop but making 20 million for 800 yards was ridiculous.

We’re in trouble at WR folks

Carson

Reaction score
I would like will fuller but I think Beasley will be the guy. Obj doesn’t make sense to sign now since he won’t be eligible to play until November.
In reality, I think the best bet is to sign Beasley. He would make the staring 3 formidable until Gallup returned. Lamb could move around as well

Carson

Reaction score
Not resigning Ced was a mistake IMO. I loved me some Coop but making 20 million for 800 yards was ridiculous.

We’re in trouble at WR folks
Same with Ced. He got his bag. We couldn’t pay that at the time

Ebnorice

Reaction score

Meshes sense. Fuller will ge hurt and done by week three because that is what always happens then we can put Gallup in. And then start to use Beckham as a receiver and then he will become legit by playoff time and then we can come out flat in the playoffs and lose to a much worse team that makes the nfc championship.

fredp22

Reaction score
You are still looking short term.

As to your first point ... again, the team can't manage the cap by looking at this year alone.

As to your second point, … this still appears short sighted - maybe just a look at the 2023 season maybe - and an incomplete look at that.

There are more factors involved that the team has to consider that fans don't necessarily think about.

EXAMPLES:

1. Under the terms of Cooper's contract, making a move at this point in it's life offered the most cap savings
2. Dak's cap hit jumps from $20 million in 2022 to $49 million in 2023
3. Zack Martin's cap hit jumps from $12 million in 2022 to $20 million in 2023.
4. Michael Gallup's cap hit jumps from $4 million in 2022 to $14 million in 2023
5. There is still a pending decision to be made on Schultz getting a long term contract
6. CD Lamb will be entering his last contract year in 2023 (a decision has to be made to negotiate an extension or exercise an option year)
7. Travon Diggs will be entering his last contract year in 2023
8. Tony Pollard's contract ends after this season
9. Tyron Smith hasn't played a full season since 7 years ago, and replacing the guy protecting the QB's blind side might need to be done through free agency

As for Payton, a coach's salary doesn't count toward the salary cap.

??? when did i even suggest Paytons salary is part of cap?

our cap if we dont use it sits there. Saying we are building the cap up for future contracts doesnt make sense cause all our signings are 1 year. if any of these players do well their salary demands will jump i.e. Quinns and do more harm to the cap than doing 2-4 year deals now. When has Jerry or any team ever won anything signing multiple players to 1 year deals

all these 1 year deals expiring plus not resigning Zeke, not resigning Gallup, unless he lights the world on fire not resigning Schultz, Tyron will be scheduled for close to 18m so u tell me, will leave us with a giant cap excess next year.
. What I said was Jerry may be planning to bring in Payton with a huge cap to rebuild from scratch. He sure as heck isnt building for this year.

RS12

Reaction score
OBJ when when he returns mid season, will be LAR or Buff.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Yes, the rehab room has a number of empty whirlpools to be filled.