Cowboys should start Cooper Rush in week 17

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Might as well see him...........it would really be embarrassing to lose to them with all our starters playing and non of theirs

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Time to move on from Dak. Jerry needs to jump out ahead of all the off season drama of the “to pay Dak or not Pay Dak BS.”

Move on. Let’s make it about football around here and not who gives good interviews. We will not get a good coach to come here if the worse player on our offense is the highest paid player on the team. The new coach is going to want to draft his guy or bring the free agent of his choice at about $9-10 million.

So why not go ahead and end the Dak offseason Saga and let Cooper Rush get a chance. Hell, might even find out he is capable enough to make the easy throws Dak gets praised for. Might find out if he is good enough to keep around to be the backup next year.
You need to take your moniker more seriously.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is the harm in starting Rush? Why the hell is everyone always so petrified of anyone other than dak starting?! I mean Romo isn't even allowed to practice.. We can't start Rush.. Dak is clearly injured but we don't even think about starting rush.. and then he starts bombing the game.. like tanking badly but we don't even think about Rush?!

Its almost like they are afraid to see if anyone other than Dak can get the job done. Almost like if another guy came in and took advantage of single coverage zones built around stopping the run when his oline is giving him routinely 3-5 seconds of clean pocket.. then they would have to admit that Dak is plain standard and average and actually not special at all.. and that would also mean admitting they made a huge and terrible and irreversible mistake in benching romo for him.. Yeah.. we are stuck with Dak until he gets injured or hopefully (and it would be a christmas miracle) at some point someone actually LOOKS at the dang game tape and sees this guy is utter trash.
That’s like asking why we would be afraid of starting Cameron Fleming over Tyron Smith or CJ Goodwin over Byron Jones or Ventell Bryant over Michael Gallup. It’s pretty nonsensical to ask why people prefer to start the better player.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
That’s like asking why we would be afraid of starting Cameron Fleming over Tyron Smith or CJ Goodwin over Byron Jones or Ventell Bryant over Michael Gallup. It’s pretty nonsensical to ask why people prefer to start the better player.

it’s pretty nonsensical to want to pay a bad player $30million bucks. Therefore, let’s start the moving on process ASAP

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it’s pretty nonsensical to want to pay a bad player $30million bucks. Therefore, let’s start the moving on process ASAP
Clearly he is at minimum an average NFL QB, so calling him bad is nonsense. But aside from that, he still is clearly better than Rush so it makes no sense to ask why people would rather Dak play than Rush.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Time to move on from Dak. Jerry needs to jump out ahead of all the off season drama of the “to pay Dak or not Pay Dak BS.”

Move on. Let’s make it about football around here and not who gives good interviews. We will not get a good coach to come here if the worse player on our offense is the highest paid player on the team. The new coach is going to want to draft his guy or bring the free agent of his choice at about $9-10 million.

So why not go ahead and end the Dak offseason Saga and let Cooper Rush get a chance. Hell, might even find out he is capable enough to make the easy throws Dak gets praised for. Might find out if he is good enough to keep around to be the backup next year.

First off the only ones who think there will be a drama concerning Prescott are "fans" here. Both Jerry and Stephen have both said several times that it's not a question of if because they are going to sign Prescott. So you're idea of playing Rush make zero sense. If Rush would get into the game it will be because Prescott's shoulder has gotten to painful or if the game turns out to be like the rams game with a huge lead that they give Rush some snaps, but as any prelude to getting a chance next season because Prescott isn't here isn't a possibility.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I've seen Cooper Rush play - a lot. And if Rush sees action Sunday, I'd recommend only drinking when we are on defense otherwise you may inadvertently spit out out your beer in laughter watching Cooper "2112" Rush play ball.

As a reminder, Dak has thrown for more yards this year than 99% of all Cowboys QB's in our history, so what you call a bad year for Dak, I call a flawed, dysfunctional organization that puts its QB who continues to improve every season, in the hands of an offensive coordinator who has zero NFL experience, who like Garrett has been given the freedom to "learn on the job", winning be damned.

Dak, like his predecessor Romo, has had his share of bad games and very much like Romo has come up short in big games. Remember the NFC championship game Romo took us to? Yeah, neither do I and at least Romo was the benefactor of having Parcels as his head coach, who was allowed to hire his own staff. Dak has never missed a snap, has great running abilities that Kellen "The Hammer" Moore continually has refused to utilize, and has had a revolving door of QB coaches starting with oh yeah a green Kellen Moore with zero QB coaching experience.

Compared to the underachieving Romo, Dak has performed equally well with a lesser coaching staff (Garrett vs. Parcels is like a beauty contest between Janet Reno and Marilyn Monroe), with a QB coach with no experience, then an O-coordinator again with no experience, and he still threw for over 4500 yards in spite of all the coaching advantages Romo had. So you might tap the brakes before hinting that the pitiful Cooper "2112" Rush has an upside over a proven QB leading the NFL's top offense in yards gained.
How many times are you gonna mention Romo in a thread about Cooper Rush.

Pathetic

I hope the new coach brings in real competition for Dak and if he doesn't it will only be more of the Same Clown World around here

How do you people do it? How do you continue to be so delusional and totally reject reality.

Come on Skkkiiipppp.
Only 1 to 2 years left of Dak Press-Suck

Around here Delusional Lunatics call him the G.O.A.T but that's just because everybody else is made into the Sacrificial Lamb and Blamed for Dak's Flaws.

Some of these Clowns blamed the defense for the loss. Adefense which only gave up 17 puts on road

NotForLong

Reaction score
Since it's extremely hard to find a viable QB and Dak has moved the ball well at times, wouldn't you be interested in seeing if a better coaching staff could tweak some things to see if we can't be more adequate at scoring?
No because he doesn't have traditional QB skills. People say he played hurt last week. But How could you tell? He looked like the same QB his whole career.

He either throws the ball through a WR behind a WR or over a WR.

I've watched every single pass he has attempted as a Cowboy and its always the same.

For 3 years Dak has gotten by with 2016 being on his resume. You slobberers were so enamored you figured the terrible throws you witnessed would improve over time.

Now the Team is all out if excuses and escape goats.

If the next Coach is in any way connected with Football. There is no way Dak gets long term contract. And if the Cowboys are lucky enough to get a half decent QB veteran or Rookie Dak will not even have a starting Job next year.

NotForLong

Reaction score
if dak gets any kind of pay raise from the cowboys, their team will slowly fall apart. Just like this website and anything or anybody else that makes money off the cowboys. How in the world can anybody expect Dak Prescott getting a pay raise equals the team getting better?
I really enjoyed your perspective. My son and I were calling for Cooper last week.

The Dak delusionists are really thinning. But those little "Skip Bayless" Die hards just will not quit. You pretty much mopped the floor with them. Remember how proud they use to be. My how 3 years have changed things.

Every time I read one of their sad pathetic Posts.

I picture Shannon Sharp saying "Come on Skip, you don't believe that"

I think he will be franchised (who cares its Jerry's Money) but %100 the New Coach brings in legitamte Competition. Just for Options and theres no way Dakie-pooh remains the QB.

Thank goodness the nightmare is nearing the End. Garrett and his Pet Project.

Its not that I Hate Dak or a Dak Hater. I hate how the delusional idiotic fans defended him and attacked me for merely pointing out he was flawed. I hated how they gloated how Dak would get 40 million. And I would have to "Deal" with it and accept it ( knowing full well that price would destroy this team. A Supporting cast has to prop Dak up.

But to the Rest if you who are finally seeing the light. Welcome aboard the REALITY TRAIN.

It's OK we know you all drank the Kool Aid in 2016.

But now that you all are leaving the Dak Bandwagon. Come on complete the process. . . just admit, what all io us already know. . . If Romo gets his Job back we win the Super Bowl in 2016:oldcouple:

To think this fan base has been split in half over such an idiotic decision by 2 of the greatest Football minds Jones & Garrett. Lol fools

And to the rest of you die hards, paying Dak 40 million isn't gonna prove you all are right.

You all bought the fool's gold in 2016 . you all put 2 and 2 together & figured Dak was the Present and Future and threw Romo under the Bus. 4 years later and all you got is a fraud

Last edited:

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
well, maybe he can get him a restaurant on south park.

citydak.jpg
Welcome to City Dak, Can I take a orda pree??

NotForLong

Reaction score
He's been hurting us since the Saints game........
Hey, what's up brother?

I got to hand it to you. You have been saying it all off season and regular season. No contract for Dak.

Boy did this organization dodge a Bullet

My son is just starting to really become a Fan of Football i told him if they sign Dak that he doesn't have to continue to be a Fan of them. I told him its too late for me but he woukdnt have to share in a generation of misery.

( Jerry is as stubborn as they come. So who knows what he has up his sleeve. But I believe with the Jason Garret situation. if Dak is signed Long Term this team will be middle of the pack for the next 10 years. Not because of the obvious Flaws and Limitations of Dak continuing to drag us down but Because in order for Jerry to sign Dak long term. Cowboys would need to sign a Coach who is a bigger Kiss *** brown then Carrot Top)

There is no respectable candidate that is looking forward to having a limited QB as the foundationnof their Team

ArtClink

Reaction score
How many times are you gonna mention Romo in a thread about Cooper Rush.

Pathetic

I hope the new coach brings in real competition for Dak and if he doesn't it will only be more of the Same Clown World around here

How do you people do it? How do you continue to be so delusional and totally reject reality.

Come on Skkkiiipppp.
Only 1 to 2 years left of Dak Press-Suck

Around here Delusional Lunatics call him the G.O.A.T but that's just because everybody else is made into the Sacrificial Lamb and Blamed for Dak's Flaws.

Some of these Clowns blamed the defense for the loss. Adefense which only gave up 17 puts on road

QB competition? I've never heard of that in Dallas since Jimmy left. In fact Jerry made sure that Romo never had a strong backup QB much less open it up for a real competition.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, what's up brother?

I got to hand it to you. You have been saying it all off season and regular season. No contract for Dak.

Boy did this organization dodge a Bullet

My son is just starting to really become a Fan of Football i told him if they sign Dak that he doesn't have to continue to be a Fan of them. I told him its too late for me but he woukdnt have to share in a generation of misery.

( Jerry is as stubborn as they come. So who knows what he has up his sleeve. But I believe with the Jason Garret situation. if Dak is signed Long Term this team will be middle of the pack for the next 10 years. Not because of the obvious Flaws and Limitations of Dak continuing to drag us down but Because in order for Jerry to sign Dak long term. Cowboys would need to sign a Coach who is a bigger Kiss *** brown then Carrot Top)

There is no respectable candidate that is looking forward to having a limited QB as the foundationnof their Team

Here's another projection about Dak he will not get the Tag, in fact, expect a Foles or someone similar to be signed in the off-season.
Dak and his agent will find very little demand in the FA market.
Also do not exclude the possibility of us moving up and drafting a QB.
Jerry and Son, after all, they have seen the last 3 seasons of Daks play have come to the conclusion he is not the ONE....
That's all for now and go, BOYS!

P.S. No hate here just common Grid-iron football sense!