Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign all draft picks except Kneeland

Plankton

Reaction score
They have to be signed to participate in rookie camp.
No they don't. They can sign a waiver with the team, which in effect guarantees that the team will not under slot them money wise if they get injured. That happens all the time.

Plankton

Reaction score
Aren't all rookie contracts set in stone? Why would he not sign it? Nothing he can do about the $ either way, I think.
Only hang up could be around offset language if he were to be cut before the 4 year contract ends.

StarLord

Reaction score
So I've always wondered.. hoping someone who knows the deal with draft contracts can illuminate.. what is the hold up? It is just will the rookies sign the deal or something? I thought these deals were basically boiler plate across the league.. or are there some sorts of concessions that can be had?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sheesh -- If this guy's already holding out as a 2nd round pick, ya gotta wonder what it'll be like once he gets established?! :omg:

Seems like he might be well-advised to get his reputation going before he becomes a demander of the big bucks! Scary thought.

Gotta wonder if he's been reading about his illustrious profiles and decided he especially gifted and worthy of a sultan's fortune?!

Last edited:

stiletto

Reaction score
Sheesh -- If this guy's already holding out as a 2nd round pick, ya gotta wonder what it'll be like once he gets established?! :omg:

Seems like he might be well-advised to get his reputation going before he becomes a demander of the big bucks! Scary thought.

Gotta wonder if he's been reading about his illustrious profiles and decided he especially gifted and worthy of a sultan's fortune?
They can't negotiate rookie contract dollars. The prices are set by slot I think.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Isn't there always an issue signing the 2nd round player due to something with the amount of money they can make guaranteed based on their draft spot. All the other rounds seem to have an expectation of how much they will make based on draft spot, but not the 2nd rounders.
This 2nd rounder does not have an injury history, so he is trying to gain comp for it now vs comparing our recent 2nd rounders.. :flagwave:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Aren't all rookie contracts set in stone? Why would he not sign it? Nothing he can do about the $ either way, I think.
I thought that as well. Good question for those that know all...

XXLMike

Reaction score
Why are we acting stupid with this guy? Just signed the guy get it done