Cowboys sign Carl Lawson

Creeper

Reaction score
The bigger move to me is getting Phillips. He instantly becomes the best DT on the Cowboys roster, after OSA. He is not exactly the impact guy they need, but he is better than what they have.

We will have to see what either of these two new guys has left. I think Lawson can replace Armstrong or Fowler at least giving Dallas back those sacks and pressures.

Carson

Reaction score
The bigger move to me is getting Phillips. He instantly becomes the best DT on the Cowboys roster, after OSA. He is not exactly the impact guy they need, but he is better than what they have.

We will have to see what either of these two new guys has left. I think Lawson can replace Armstrong or Fowler at least giving Dallas back those sacks and pressures.
This is what this is. A proven vet who can get to the QB, eat up snaps and have a locker room presence. It takes the pressure off of Kneeland

Mr_437

Reaction score
7 sacks 2 years ago. Could be a nice addition if he is healthy. Keep in mind every pass rusher is better with Micah on the field.
Exactly!
Is Lawson better than Dorance?
Probably better vs the run for sure, so I like the move.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It’s happening folks! We are now on a collision course with another wild card round loss.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
7 sacks 2 years ago. Could be a nice addition if he is healthy. Keep in mind every pass rusher is better with Micah on the field.
Is DeMarcus Lawrence a better pass rusher with Micah on the field?

Flamma

Reaction score
Signing free agents in an area of need.
Dallas does that all the time. They fill holes using very little resources or money. But this guy is potentially top end of their usual bargain bin hunting. He's not quite 30, and he may actually outplay his pay if he stays healthy.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Exactly!
Is Lawson better than Dorance?
Probably better vs the run for sure, so I like the move.
I think Lawson's potential role compares more to what Dante Fowler did. Marshawn Kneeland is the Dorance replacement this year. Chauncey Golston will be the likely fill in for what Sam Williams did last year although I doubt Zimmer rotates the ends as much as Quinn did.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lawson may get us around 5 sacks and I hope those come when we are needing them most, as we near December. That is if he can stay relatively healthy. The upside is big if he's on the field come December. Tweedle dee and Tweedle dumb might look smart if he pans out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Anyone know his injury back ground? Too busy to google today.
yeah, hes coming off a back injury in 2023 and played very little for the Jets. Before that I think he had an acl. But prior to those things he played really well. I imagine they will keep him on a pitch count thru the year and limit his practice days. We will need him come late in the year, otherwise its a waste. He is 29, so he just might have something to offer still.