Cowboys sign Carl Lawson

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I like the last two signings. Don't no why they had to draw out the Lawson signing though. He should have been signed over the other two DE's, the first time around.

With Phillips and Rogers at 1-tech, I wonder if they play Mazi as a run down 3-tech and rotate in Osa on passing downs.

They can now just sit and wait to see what RB's become available after cut downs. I'm hoping the Cardinals cut Michael Carter that would be my pick.
I’d love to know who is pushing for these changes.

It has to be Zimmer.

But is he going through big Mike, or straight to Stephen/WillM?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Not unheard of for a player to revitalize his career when they go to a new team. Obviously has some skills, or at least did a couple of years ago.

I'll give him a chance...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So this is Jerry, finally going "all in!" I knew he'd change and morph into a great GM soon! I'm about ready to convince myself. :muttley: :lmao:

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’d love to know who is pushing for these changes.

It has to be Zimmer.

But is he going through big Mike, or straight to Stephen/WillM?
I'm just happy that they are not making Zimmer just make do with what he's got. Lawson and Phillips may be washed, but I'd rather see the team give them a try than see that it needs to something but doesn't.

I mean, our rotation at DT could be Mazi, Odighizuwa, Phillips and Huggins. Our rotation at end could be Lawrence, Kneeland, Lawson and Parsons. That looks better on paper than what it did heading into camp. Fehoko and Golston were both being counted on before; now they are going to have to earn a spot.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Not unheard of for a player to revitalize his career when they go to a new team. Obviously has some skills, or at least did a couple of years ago.

I'll give him a chance...
Probably still better than we've got as a pass rusher outside of Parsons. At least on par with Lawrence in that area. Of course, it depends on if he's gotten all the way back from his Achilles' injury in 2021.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I like the last two signings. Don't no why they had to draw out the Lawson signing though. He should have been signed over the other two DE's, the first time around.
He may have needed some time to think over our offer of vet minimum and a Twinkie.

Or maybe Dallas finally decided to up its offer from a vet minimum and a Moon Pie.

RonWashington

Reaction score
You let Armstrong and Fowler walk over to the Commanders but sign a coming out of injury Lawson . It’s pure genius by Jerry . :espn:

Carson

Reaction score
You let Armstrong and Fowler walk over to the Commanders but sign a coming out of injury Lawson . It’s pure genius by Jerry . :espn:
Armstrong received 3 years, $33 million. Fowler signed a one year $3.5 million deal.

I am sure Lawsons deal is one year, $1.3 million

speedkilz88

Reaction score
A healthy Lawson is better than those two players. Armstrong is getting $11 million a year average. I wouldn't pay that. He's a coverage sack, clean up sack type player and he was also one of the run stopping problems because he wasn't setting the edge.

Fowler is only $3.25 million so he's a nice backup to throw in for a chance at pressure.

RonWashington

Reaction score
A healthy Lawson is better than those two players. Armstrong is getting $11 million a year average. I wouldn't pay that. He's a coverage sack, clean up sack type player and he was also one of the run stopping problems because he wasn't setting the edge.

Fowler is only $3.25 million so he's a nice backup to throw in for a chance at pressure.

Let’s see Lawson stay healthy on the field . Armstrong and Fowler seemed to show up week to week .