Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Cobb

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Got some weapons now at WR......but we picked up a TE slower than a tortoise.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Another good aspect of this signing.

Cobb can return punts.

I think he is a upgrade at that position as well. Between Cobb and Tavon Austin.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I really like this signing. I think he’s going to be a solid addition to the squad.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
He won't be back. The IR kid from last year has the job next year.

Cedric Wilson. They were high on him because a lot of his production came from the slot. Heck, had he not been injured in TC we might not be even having this conversation. He's still a rookie basically but it wouldn't shock me to see him get more reps as the season goes on.

Also returned kicks for Boise.

Last edited:

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Did you see the game winning play against the Bears in the first game of last season? He had plenty of speed. He just needs to stay healthy.

That’s the play I was talking about. That was vet mix unit speed. He looked slow

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I agree there, and I suspect that will be where the decision will be whether or not to keep Jones. Actually, with how good the CBs in this draft are as well, I'd be quite keen in exploring trade options for Jones and drafting a more complete corner in place of Jones. He's had 1 good season. Why not try to sell high on him for an extra pick?
Would like to see them franchise and look to trade Jones. He would get scooped up

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Thank you, up-to-date guy who has been keeping up with this board!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
No. He plays zone when asked to, which isn’t much, due to our scheme.

Uh... Hopkins doesn’t win with speed, and Jones played him well. Great offense will always beat great defense. That’s why Jerry Rice always “owned” Dion. Nobody in the league can cover Hopkins for extended stretches without getting burnt.

Jones can absolutely turn and run. I’m beginning to wonder if we’re talkinng about the same guy. His hips and fluidity are a big part of what makes him great. (And funny it was speed first, then changed to his ability to turn and run. I wonder what’s next. Is he too short?)

A good zone CB? You realize that zone corners play the ball and rely on instincts? Whereas man corners play the man? If you want to nitpick, you should be questioning his ability to play zone, not man.

Oof.
So what happened at the end of the season and in the playoffs in your opinion with Jones getting regularly beat? It wasnt an occasional beat, he was getting beat over and over again.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Too many to cover now. they all win.. Holy crap...LOL! they don't all Have to be their former selves, they just have to be together. Its a win.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
If he was signed to play the slot, we may have regressed just a bit.....Beasley I think is a little faster but would have cost more.

Carson

Reaction score
If he was signed to play the slot, we may have regressed just a bit.....Beasley I think is a little faster but would have cost more.

I would say it’s a wash.

With Cooper and Gallup getting better, he won’t be asked to do as much.

Just catch 3rd downs, move the chains. He’s very reliable with his hands

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Seems like a good addition to me. 1 year deal doesn't preclude them from drafting another WR this year.