Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Cobb

Valkyr

Reaction score
Well, Randall Cobb is definitely a guy who plays football for a living, there's no doubt about that.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Oh, I think things are going swimmingly this offseason. Brilliant signings by our FO. By George, they are doing good work this offseason, aren't they? And yes, I too recall Linehan talking about that. I think the plan was to use him like Edleman, but that failed miserably. Jolly good show that we've got a slot WR that can be a proper outside weapon if needed. I really do think that we're going to be quite happy with our moves, and we still haven't drafted yet. This is what I've been begging of our FO! Oh, and we're not eating into our cap space at all really. I daresay we've still got enough cap space right now to extend whoever we want right now and still have enough for the draft and UDFAs.

And I don't believe we've even done any contract restructuring in the mean time, and I think we've got players that we can still do that with if we want. So, we're doing very well with our moves lately. I'd personally like to see us get Geathers as well. That'd be a good low cost move to really boost our safety spot.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
BTW chaps, I think Rodgers just found out that Cobb was signed by us.

AdorableDamagedDavidstiger-size_restricted.gif

Not too happy about it is he? :muttley:

Rayman70

Reaction score
which is why I been saying this was a very short term fix for SPECIAL TEAMS purposes mainly...ie PUNT RETURNS AND KICK OFFS. He is essentially our "hands" GUY. He is sure handed and not noted for his long speed. In a short area though, he has enough quicks still to make a guy miss.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
So when the team went zone they replaced him?

He can run 4.26on a 40 but he he cant turn and run with a Wr then that 4.36 is worthless. Go watch games at the end of the yr and you will see what im talking about.

Good thing you mentioned him vs Hopkins

As i said he cant keep up with speed. Hopkins owned him. He is a good zone CB. But he is not a CB you pay like the better CBs in the league.

No. He plays zone when asked to, which isn’t much, due to our scheme.

Uh... Hopkins doesn’t win with speed, and Jones played him well. Great offense will always beat great defense. That’s why Jerry Rice always “owned” Dion. Nobody in the league can cover Hopkins for extended stretches without getting burnt.

Jones can absolutely turn and run. I’m beginning to wonder if we’re talkinng about the same guy. His hips and fluidity are a big part of what makes him great. (And funny it was speed first, then changed to his ability to turn and run. I wonder what’s next. Is he too short?)

A good zone CB? You realize that zone corners play the ball and rely on instincts? Whereas man corners play the man? If you want to nitpick, you should be questioning his ability to play zone, not man.

Oof.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Not sure where the balls go after Cooper between Gallup, Hurns, Austin, and now Cobb. It could also push Brown and/or Wilson off the roster leaving the Cowboys wth just Gallup under contract in 2020.

There is no doubt Cobb upgrades the 3rd or 4th WR spot on this team, but I just don't know how much they get utilized in this offense. Gallup was technically the 3rd receiver last year and he caught 33 balls.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of the whole bunch we've talked to this was the guy I wanted. He's very QB friendly, clutch and versatile. Plus he's a winner. He's been on winning teams and I think that means something.

It's a little concerning that 1 year at 5 million is the best he could do but I won't have much of a problem convincing myself I am smarter than the rest of the league.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cobb is signed to a cap friendly 1 year deal..very similar to many of our signings recently. I LIKE. Watch for us to sign Geathers next. I truly believe Berry is done and will reitre within a year. Too many health issues.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Out of the whole bunch we've talked to this was the guy I wanted. He's very QB friendly, clutch and versatile. Plus he's a winner. He's been on winning teams and I think that means something.

It's a little concerning that 1 year at 5 million is the best he could do but I won't have much of a problem convincing myself I am smarter than the rest of the league.
he can also play QB in a pinch btw...just sayin...versatile is right on.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
He was fighting hamstring issues all season

That’s my fear! Years playing and banged up. He won’t be old speed. I like contract but Beasley has more juke in the slot. I wouldn’t have paid him either. Honestly the fastest slot guy is Austin. Try and coach him up since u traded for him last year and draft a guy. But we shall see. Packers aren’t full of WRs and he signed a 1 yr deal here so wondering if they know more to not try

sideon

Reaction score
Cobb will look to reverse the decline in his production since 2014. His yards-per-reception has hovered between 9.9 and 10.5 since his 14.1-yard Pro Bowl year. He caught more than 43 yards just once in 2018, in Week
But ya'll go ahead and keep pretending like he's the Cobb of old:laugh:

Jipper

Reaction score

Wait....you are happy with something the cowboys fo did??? Somewhere someone is ice skating

JayFord

Reaction score
WHAHOOOOO!!!!

Vegemite sandwiches for everyone in this post

Y’all want toasted or Untoasted?

Fire407

Reaction score
Have you seen the video from last year? That speed has been lost! I’d love it if old Cobb could but I think y’all are expecting fantasy football guy from years ago
Did you see the game winning play against the Bears in the first game of last season? He had plenty of speed. He just needs to stay healthy.