Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign DL Christian Covington

kskboys

Reaction score

John Owning‏ @JohnOwning 11m11 minutes ago
The Covington signing is a direct result of DAL getting its *** kicked by LAR and IND in the run game. Covington helps strengthen their interior run defense. Play-style is more akin to a 1T, but can play 3T if need be.

Well then good. Does this mean we fiiiiiinally noticed that all those sleek pass rushers we so love up front get pushed around?

Carson

Reaction score
My concern is will his jersey say Christian Covington? Or will Chris Covington’s just say Chris Covington

Carson

Reaction score
i think crawford is better as a 3t but looks like we might need him back at de. sigh

That was my thinking. He slides back out to RE

Lawrence - Collins - Woods - Crawford

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes but at nearly 300 lbs., he is a Crawford type for Dallas. He is even Canadian too.

I think he's more of a 3-tech type, which is fine because Woods is our nose in run defense. He might could play the three next to Woods in run defense, with Crawford at end and play in the nickel next to Crawford/Collins on some passing downs. He's competing with Daniel Ross for that role.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
One of my under the radar pet cats along with Tyeler Davidson.

I probably roll the dice now on Ziggy Ansah or even better Justin Houston on a one year, but something tells me a Dion Jordan type will be next.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yeah tell JJ Watt that(who plays the same position)

Which has nothing to do with us, considering we play different systems............ so again, his job on Dallas isn’t going to be getting consistent pressure.

The cowboys need more beef in the middle to clog up running lanes.

Of course this guy isn’t warren sapp.

Mr_437

Reaction score
One of my under the radar pet cats along with Tyeler Davidson.

I probably roll the dice now on Ziggy Ansah or even better Justin Houston on a one year, but something tells me a Dion Jordan type will be next.
Still would like for them to add another DT. I'm pretty sure DAL will be able to add a edge rusher in their price range on a prove it deal.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I think Covington and Woods paired together could be pretty stout against the run.

The only thing I don't like about this signing is that our top 3 tackles will all need a new contract next Spring.