Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign DT Brian Price

LittleD

Reaction score
Somehow some of you zoners just don't understand how Stephen and McClay do business these days. The team has made it's splash
play when they tagged Lawrence for 17mil. Now they want to lock up Martin which will create a bit of cap space for paying the draft and UDFA guys.
There is no way Dallas is going to use a 1st round pick on a DT. That position is just like Sam LB not a money 5 position and not dynamic enough
for big money. With Malik Collins and now Price, they have their DT's for next year. Look for the Cowboys to try and snag a WR in the 1st round.

ESisback

Reaction score
Somehow some of you zoners just don't understand how Stephen and McClay do business these days. The team has made it's splash
play when they tagged Lawrence for 17mil. Now they want to lock up Martin which will create a bit of cap space for paying the draft and UDFA guys.
There is no way Dallas is going to use a 1st round pick on a DT. That position is just like Sam LB not a money 5 position and not dynamic enough
for big money. With Malik Collins and now Price, they have their DT's for next year. Look for the Cowboys to try and snag a WR in the 1st round.
Or LB or G.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
And yet, they still don't have a single starting quality nose.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
That's what I thought. What really struck me was that we seemed a lot better with a big body 1 tech, even tho he isn't a starter.

Didn't we get him off of Green Bay's practice squad? Dang & he gets 7 pages. Slow times I guess or just an easy vehicle for venting.

That’s what I thought too, Tech’s ***

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The reality is that if the purpose of this signing is to provide depth at DT, it’s not a bad deal or move at all.

The problem is recent past FA periods would indicate to us that these are the “best” moves this team will likely make.

And that’s the problem. If this franchise thinks they are set at the 1 Tech with Collins and Price, it calls into question how seriously this franchise took a long hard look at themselves and what they need to do differently to improve.

There is a good chance these next 4-5 days will be utterly depressing. I hope I am wrong.
If you throw in players like Peau

..and the CB we signed from the Iggles..

both of whom were early cuts..

and Thornton from the Iggles, too.

We have not been really good at FA hits.

We are better at drafting.

I can see why we do not sign FAs.

RoboQB

Reaction score
We made the Seattle backs look like Walter Payton and Gayle Sayers. Guess we could have done worse lol.

Seattle had 76 yards on 30 carries... leading rusher was Russell Wilson with 29 on 9 carries.
They also finished with 60 yards passing.
136 total yards and they still won. Dak threw a pick 6.... Grrr, that game still pisses me off.

diefree666

Reaction score
Am I missing something? They had 30 carries for 76 yards in that game.
does not excuse the fact that Irving was fooled again and again. Which I bet is one of the reasons we are not looking to sign him. Of course one could argue that Chaz Green was fooled again and again by the same method and player and we want to keep him apparently...

RoboQB

Reaction score
does not excuse the fact that Irving was fooled again and again. Which I bet is one of the reasons we are not looking to sign him. Of course one could argue that Chaz Green was fooled again and again by the same method and player and we want to keep him apparently...

I just read where someone said we made the Seattle RBs look like Walter Payton in that game.
They averaged 2.5 yards a carry.

Maybe it's the 136 yards total offense that has me blinded here.
Maybe it was Dez throwing fit when we had an early lead. Maybe it was the offensive staff trying
to appease Dez and forget about the game plan. Of all the debacles last year, that game was a breaking point for me.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scratch Vita Vea off your wish list.

I guess that means Payne is off the list as well, and look for a 2nd round on Hurst with his heart condition for a red short year.
Or Poona Ford in the 3rd or 4th round it at all.
But Vera was a pipe dream regardless with this team adversity to get better by drafting a top DT in the 1sr.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually Price was playing decent until his injury. Get him healthy and a full year in the system and TC. See what he can do. But still prefer we draft a DT like Vera or Payne.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Not a starter by an measure but he is not bad as a 12-15 snaps backup if needed.

If this team ever added a stud inside, a lot of these other guys look a whole lot better.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
your continued endorsement of the current regime...

You're probably not alone in feeling that way.

It's interesting that asking 'what's downright embarrassing' passes for an endorsement in the echo chamber these days.