Cowboys sign Fabini...3-yr, 6m deal

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
remember you get what u paid for.

I'd feel a lot safer if Dallas had pursued the two premier guards (or center) available in Bentley and Hutchinson. While I like the cheap signings, I'm very worried we have a paper thing oline with so many older players, average players and injury prone players it could all fold and do exactly what it did last year. :bang2:

I still think they need to spend some high draft picks on the line. It's about time we find some more great 2nd round linemen. It's been a while since Big D brought in a new Flozell, Big E, or Larry.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I will be a so called "chicken little" any time I please.....If I think JJ is dragging his feet, I will say so........ If think it's justified to bash Parcells, Bledsoe, I repeat..Bledsoe I will.....

Who At my age has the luxury, or the time ,or the Patience of sitting around twiddleling my thumbs waiting for JJ to get off his rear end and do something. I need to see #6 asap.

So get of my ..............................

cluck, cluck, cluck :rolleyes: :D

speedkilz88

Reaction score
If we would have went after Hutch, we couldn't have filled all the other holes. If we would have went after Bentley we would have got are hearts broken since we had no chance with him wanting to go back home to Cleveland.

neosapien23

Reaction score
TunaFan33 said:
At least Fabini is a significant upgrade over Pettiti.

And he gives pettitti a few years to add muscle and get stronger. Pettitti will become a solid starter in a few years.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I'd feel a lot safer if Dallas had pursued the two premier guards (or center) available in Bentley and Hutchinson. While I like the cheap signings, I'm very worried we have a paper thing oline with so many older players, average players and injury prone players it could all fold and do exactly what it did last year. :bang2:

I still think they need to spend some high draft picks on the line. It's about time we find some more great 2nd round linemen. It's been a while since Big D brought in a new Flozell, Big E, or Larry.

Johsnon and Gurode are 27 and 28 respectively. Right around the age that you begin to expect for them to 'get it.'

Fabini is 31 not 40 which is more of his prime than it is his twiglight.

We have him til hes 35 which is right around the time that he will deteriorate. Flozell is 30 and very much so in his prime. Now Larry Allen and MarcoRivera are 34 and 33 respectively. This is granted nearing the end of their prime but now we have both Peterman and Kosier backing them up.

Peterman despite being villified fornot playing more was very successful last preseason as he completed the highest percentages of his blocks save for Adams. He was just behind Adams.

But if you think about it the average age on the line is about 31. Much lower if you consiedr the backups. This is not running back you want veterans on your OLine.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Fabini is competent and the price was fair...good move, and the kind that should have been made last year...that indispensable vet swing tackle.