Cowboys sign Fabini...3-yr, 6m deal

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Sorry is this is a repost. from espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2372555

Cowboys ink Fabini to address O-line woes
The Cowboys made a second move to improve their offensive line by reaching a three-year, $6 million deal with former Jets left tackle Jason Fabini. Clauses in the contract could grow the deal to $7.5 million over the three years.

Fabini will be moved to right tackle with the Cowboys and fix one of the team's biggest problems last season. The Cowboys had right tackle problems starting in beginning of training camp. They ended up trying Torrin Tucker in the pre-season at right tackle and then went with rookie Rob Petitti for the regular season.

Fabini, a salary cap cut for the Jets, visited the Patriots and was in heavy negotiations with the Bucs but decided to go to the Cowboys. Earlier this week, Dallas added Kyle Kozier, who is expected to help out at guard, to a five-year, $15 million deal.

PoetTree

Reaction score
---

Well, I wanted Runyan. But I'm happy with Fabini. As long as he's recovered from that injury (whatever it was) then I think he'll make a very nice addition to our line. He was, after all, the starting right tackle for the Jets when Curtis Martin led the league in rushing. So, there's evidence that says he can get the job done.

Nice signing, guys. It's been a good day for the 'boys...

:cool:

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Very reasonable money- wow. That is a great signing. I feel a lot better about our team right now. This guy is a decent LT and will be a good RT. He gives us insurance in case of aninjury to Flo and if a guy like Petitti makes a big jump in his game at whatever point, he's not making that much that he couldn't be kept as depth. But clearly he's the starter at RT as of this moment. Solid move.:thumbup:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Good signing.......he must have past his physical?????

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Glad it was true I posted this signing last night and got blasted.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Good signing..didn't break the bank...brought in a short term solution while Petitti learns the ropes....

nathanlt

Reaction score
I'm encouraged that we've added more solid players to the O-line, but I'm holding my breath. I don't want us to welcome cancer to our team, and pay him millions to ruin us. The Cowboys are going in the right direction if they resign Keyshawn or get a strong WR in the draft, and if they can plug a few more holes so they don't have to draft for need. We'll see.

It's been a good day so far.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Not to be a wet blanket....but this is NOT on ESPN.com ANYWHERE. If this is a rumor, I've had about all I can take of those. Post a link please.

Look harder