Cowboys sign Fabini...3-yr, 6m deal

Bluefin

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80 said:
If you think Pettiti will ever be more than a backup you're kidding yourself pal. Not agile or athletic enough for the position better served as a guard probably.
Agreed.

Petite just didn't look like a long term starter to me last season.

His limitations will always get exposed if he's asked to start on a long term basis, IMO.

It will be great if Petitti proves us skeptics wrong, but I like Marc Columbo's odds better than his at present.

DandyDon

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
If Gurode steals the starting C spot away from Al Johnson, 4 of the 5 OL starters Week 1 2006 will be different than what we started in Week 16 of 2005. And the blocking TE to boot. Whether they're upgrades or not remains to be seen, but the area has been addressed.
I believe Gurode will win the starting job this year because Parcells has said that physically he is superior to Johnson, but he was slow to pick up the scheme, so with another year under his belt - who knows?

Novacek84

Reaction score
Good signing with Fabini. Now the line has flexibility in that Fabini can play either tackle spot so if Adams has a problem coming back you have insurance there and you slide a more experienced Pettiti (who I think will be better with a year under his belt) back to RT.

BeWare94

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
They got Fabini cheaper than Kosier.

That's because they waited and didn't jump on him as soon as he was released. Don't think the Parcells connection hurt, either.

Owens probably is the reason we may be able to attract some guys to fill other holes that might help us get back to the big dance.

Dough Boy

Seldom Seen
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I hope some folks that were SCREAMING for immediate FA action by the Cowboys have noticed how quickly the dollars have come down in the market.

Bargains are now to be had and we're in perfect shape to take advantage.

That's the way you build a football team there you pikers!
Great point.

Maybe now some of our fans will hesitate from taking the proveribal leap.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
I hope some folks that were SCREAMING for immediate FA action by the Cowboys have noticed how quickly the dollars have come down in the market.

Bargains are now to be had and we're in perfect shape to take advantage.

That's the way you build a football team there you pikers!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bluefin said:
Petite just didn't look like a long term starter to me last season.

His limitations will always get exposed if he's asked to start on a long term basis, IMO.

It will be great if Petitti proves us skeptics wrong, but I like Marc Columbo's odds better than his at present.
Give me a freakin break. The circumstances surrounding Petitti the last year have been well documented. At this point, anyone who chooses to ignore the facts just isn't seeing the entire picture.

daynje

Star Treatment
Reaction score
Great signing. It's nice to see us address more holes on the OL.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
I think this signing gives the Cowboys all the leverage they need to release Larry Allen if he doesn't restructure. I hope Larry Allen humbles himself, looks at the moves the Cowboys are making and restructures. I think in the past week some very good guards like Will Shields have restructred to help the team.

Larry Allen play good soldier please.:starspin

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Bluefin said:

How can anyone seriously take that stance? Columbo couldn't even get on the field last year - Even when Rob struggled and was hurt.

I doubt Columbo even makes the team.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Personally, I'm thrilled with the signing.

I've had the opportunity to see Fabini up close (living in Jets land). While he may not be a Pro-Bowler, he's pretty damn solid. We also singed him to a PERFECT contract.

I wanted Fabini as soon as he was cut. He solidly fill a big need we had and will have a drastic impact on our team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dough Boy said:
Great point.

Maybe now some of our fans will hesitate from taking the proveribal leap.
Yeah, right. When pigs fly, you mean. Some people couldn't spell 'patience' if you handed them the a, t, i, e, n, c & e.

What is continually amazing about Chicken Littles is how quickly they fade away. They disappear faster than a drumstick on Andy Reid's plate. :rolleyes:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyChris said:
remember you get what u paid for.

For every high priced priced free agent that was worth the price there is at least one that bombed.

No, what you say isn't always the case Chris.

Eddie

Reaction score
I like this signing, stabilizes the OL abit more and provides depth.

But we're still at the mercy of Flo. Get him a good backup.

I'm not expecting Rivera to return to form either. I think another OG would solidify things abit more ... maybe a good 3rd or 4rd round draft pick.

Fabini allows Pettiti to learn abit more without the added pressure of being in the lime light.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Eddie said:
But we're still at the mercy of Flo. Get him a good backup.

If Flo went down, I think we might see Fabini at LT. He plays both sides. I know Bill doesn't like moving guys around but that would be better than Tucker again and I don't think you want Petitti moving around.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
abersonc said:
If Flo went down, I think we might see Fabini at LT. He plays both sides. I know Bill doesn't like moving guys around but that would be better than Tucker again and I don't think you want Petitti moving around.

Still need another tackle and another guard. If Flozell goes down and Fabini moves to LT, then Dallas is almost where they were last year -- having to depend on Petiti or Tucker.

This team still needs more upgrades on the offensive line. Keep 'em coming. The money is there.