Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign HaHa Clinton-Dix

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Ooooooo I Don't know about that. I seem to remember him stinking it up for the Skins. What post are you referring to? I remember at the time I think the Skins had Swearinger and Dix who both were highly ranked safeties but for whatever reason things spiraled out of control.

Clinton-Dix playing against the New York Giants in 2018
On October 30, 2018, the Green Bay Packers traded Clinton-Dix to the Washington Commanders in exchange for a fourth round pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.[53] Head coach Jay Gruden immediately named Clinton-Dix the starting free safety. He replaced Montae Nicholson and started alongside strong safety D. J. Swearinger.[54] In Week 11, he collected a season-high 13 combined tackles (11 solo) during a 23–21 loss against the Houston Texans.[55] Clinton-Dix started all 16 games in 2018 and finished the season with 93 combined tackles (80 solo), six pass deflections, three interceptions, two forced fumbles, and one sack.[35] He received an overall grade of 79.3 from Pro Football Focus in 2018, which ranked as the 14th highest grade among all qualifying safetie

Seem pretty solid to me .........

erod

Reaction score
Delusion at its finest once again.

You bring nothing but typed words strung together. You never have support for anything you claim, your 'opinions' carry no weight.
And you think anyone who puts a star on their head is a great player. It's well-documented.

erod

Reaction score
And by whose metric was he "gawd awful"? The one where you think you know football?

He was "wanted", it refutes your lousy point.

Yet another example of where you get an idea in your head and twist and ignore reality trying to support it, facts be damned!

You like him because you've heard of him.

I don't like him because I've seen him play and understand that three franchises took a pass on bringing him back, and he had to settle for a 1-year deal because the phone wasn't ringing.

erod

Reaction score
I believe Jeff Heath had more than twice as many missed tackles last season.

Hard to miss a tackle when you're not there to make the tackle in the first place.

Washington and Chicago couldn't wait to get rid of him.

DanA

Reaction score
Hard to miss a tackle when you're not there to make the tackle in the first place.

Haha Dix made more tackles than Heath.....so he can get in position to make them but can't get into position to miss them like Heath can?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
A lot of stupid comments about our new safety without doing any research. Dix has been excellent in pass coverage. Look up the stats, completion % and QB ratings when targeting him the past two years. Or maybe read an article. How did the Bears do what they did on defense last season with a safety playing “horrible.”

He’s one of, if not the best, safeties available in free agency, so we just covered our butts cheaply prior to the draft. This is how we are successful in most drafts by filling holes in FA so we can draft best players available.

mldardy

Reaction score

More like he couldn't wait to get rid of Washington and Chicago.

UpNorth

Reaction score
Spoken like someone who hasn't watched a single snap of HHCD. The same guy who said Gerald McCoy was completely washed. Please stop.
You're way too emotional and bias to have me take your whining serious

Make sure to dip those pom Poms in the kool aid before you shake em nancy

NotForLong

Reaction score
He's played for three teams in six years. Green Bay, Washington, and Chicago do not want him back.

He was a first round pick who can'tr cover or tackle.

He isn't good.
How many teams has Robert Quinn played for in the last 6 years

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not real sure Dix is an upgrade over Heath, at this point. I mean, Clinton Dix is playing on a 1 year 4 mil deal. Heath signed a 2 year 6 mil deal. Is Dix that much better then Heath? I haven't seen it.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Its not accurate to dismiss Dix because three teams took a pass on him. You have to look at each team in general. We know Green Bay didn't value the safety position under MM and weren't going to resign him for a significant amount of money so traded him and got a 4th round pick in return. Last free agent cycle Washington gave Landon Collins $84m and then this year the Bears gave Eddie Jackson $58M. I'm not saying Dix is anywhere close to as good as his former Alabama teammates but there is no way either Washington or Chicago was going offer anything substantial after signing Collins and Jackson.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

That's understandable since we know Dix is a better FS than SS. With Woods, we assume (or at least some of us) because of his size that he can't handle SS, but he could prove that wrong.

Plus, we've got him competing with Donovan Wilson for that spot. At least that's something for now.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think he is an upgrade to Heath, not a huge upgrade but better overall. Hope they still draft someone to up the competition.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not real sure Dix is an upgrade over Heath, at this point. I mean, Clinton Dix is playing on a 1 year 4 mil deal. Heath signed a 2 year 6 mil deal. Is Dix that much better then Heath? I haven't seen it.

1 year, $4 million > 2 years, $6 million

It appears Heath may have maximized what he could get while Dix may have bet on himself by only taking a one-year deal for a little more money. Of course, that may have been all he was offered.

However, if we were to say that he and Heath were equal, then Dix likely wouldn't have gotten a million more for his yearly play. That shows some belief that he's at least slightly better.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
A lot of stupid comments about our new safety without doing any research. Dix has been excellent in pass coverage. Look up the stats, completion % and QB ratings when targeting him the past two years. Or maybe read an article. How did the Bears do what they did on defense last season with a safety playing “horrible.”

He’s one of, if not the best, safeties available in free agency, so we just covered our butts cheaply prior to the draft. This is how we are successful in most drafts by filling holes in FA so we can draft best players available.
He was a solid signing.

People just like to whine.