Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Jayron Kearse

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dan Quinn likes big safeties/corners and thumpers. This makes sense and they’ll sign either Hooker or Kazee, if not - look for them to possibly package some picks together and jump back in the 1st round (late 1st round) and take Moehrig (the best safety in the draft)... or they might get lucky and he’ll be there in the 2nd rd when it’s our turn to pick. Hell I wouldn’t even be mad if they took him with the 10th pick:

Dude looks like a young Earl Thomas

It's a passing league. Let the front 7 do the thumping and get DBs who are not afraid to tackle.

Sydla

Reaction score
Neal is making $5MM, right? This guy will likely make $1-2MM. Hooker or Kazee could get $2-3MM. Total that up and you would have been in the ball park of what John Johnson is making and he's a legit starting FS in this league. I'd rather have one really good player and roll with him than 3 JAGs signed hoping you can hit a single with one of them.

Just saying.

ultron

Reaction score
It's a passing league. Let the front 7 do the thumping and get DBs who are not afraid to tackle.
Yea but if you could have Bam Bam Kam thumping on the back end, I’m sure you wouldn’t be mad, I hope.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I hope this is correct:

Maybe the FS is seen as a bigger deal/investment, so they want to pow-wow with Quinn, McClay, etc before they make the call.
Still need a draft pick at FS either way.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Hahahahaha. We let the skilled safeties walk right out the door and sign a special teams player. What a joke this team is.
Solid safeties? Both our coming off of torn Achilles and neither are considered top 100 free agents. You do realize Hooker and Kazeez probably won’t be available until late in the preseason at the earliest.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Hooker and Kazee are both long shots to ever be worth a crap again. If they do sign one of them, safety still isn’t fixed. That is something we as fans need to understand.

100%........Bingo!

Not to mention both may not be 100% healthy until late training camp.....

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Should have signed Adore and traded back to draft Moehrig. Used the 2, 3, 3, 4, 4 and any picks from the trade back to fill out this team with premium picks.