Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign K Brandon Aubrey

zekecowboy

Reaction score

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2023/07/06/cowboys-brandon-aubrey-signing/

Dallas has signed Brandon Aubrey, most recently from the USFL’s Birmingham club. Aubrey, 28, is a former soccer player from the University of Notre Dame who spent a couple seasons in different professional soccer leagues from 2017-2018. The Plano, TX native will return to his roots in hopes of giving Dallas a steady leg after the turmoil that erupted in the position during the most crucial phase of the 2022 season.

As for Aubrey, he doesn’t have the big leg that Maher did, but if he can hit kicks with the level of consistency he has in the USFL then he has a chance to stick around.

coult44

Reaction score
Frankly, I'd still re-sign Maher. Any kicker who makes over 90 percent of his tries in the NFL should get an automatic ticket to camp no matter if they had a PAT meltdown.

I know Maher is still out there, but that doesn't mean he will be by the time we realize the kickers we have aren't good enough (if that happens). I'm all for contingencies.
Yes sign him even if he’s stated he doesn’t want to play football anymore.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's hope this signing does the trick -- things went well for Brandon Aubrey in the past. Hopefully, the present and future will bring positive results. It's all about consistency at the kicking position that pays dividends. Having better consistency and results in the playoffs would be a fortuitous thing.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes sign him even if he’s stated he doesn’t want to play football anymore.
I can find nothing online where he has made such a statement. If he has, please post the proof.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Brandon Aubrey has an excellent chance of being our next kicker if he's able to remain true to his past accuracy. As I understand it, he's not quite as adept at long kicks as Mayer was previously, but his consistency has been excellent in the past. Hopefully, that might continue to be the case.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think Brandon Aubrey has an excellent chance of being our next kicker if he's able to remain true to his past accuracy. As I understand it, he's not quite as adept at long kicks as Mayer was previously, but his consistency has been excellent in the past. Hopefully, that might continue to be the case.
People claim he has the leg for 60, but in his limited time (2 years) he's only been successful in the 50 yard range. But he's only been kicking for this two years so with nfl weight room and learning his craft it's possible he get's better.