Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign K Greg Zeurlein

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Killerinstinct, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

60,612 Messages
    110,154 Likes Received
    Ah the old I'll let the team think for me because I'm not capable of doing it myself.

Of course this means you'd have to think keeping Maher so long was wise cause they coached him and stuff but hey. You do you.

2. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

7,245 Messages
    7,332 Likes Received
    Good solid acquisition.

3. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

2,871 Messages
    3,431 Likes Received
    With all the kicking problems last year, I love it! Let two quality veterans fight it out!

4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt BP is not impressed with your post Admin

73,995 Messages
    29,882 Likes Received
    To be fair he said the ST Coach not the team and let's not pretend to act like last years ST Coach is in the same stratosphere as the current one.

5. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

6,768 Messages
    4,978 Likes Received
    Great move. Maybe we’ll have some consistency for the whole year

6. JBell

JBell That's still my Quarterback

5,586 Messages
    6,515 Likes Received
    Wrong.

Taking away 50 yard attempts:
    Forbath 90%
    Zuerlein 88%

7. bb721

bb721 Well-Known Member

936 Messages
    1,250 Likes Received
    He doesn’t let the team think for him, he just trusts their judgment more than he trusts the judgement of a malcontent on a random message board.

AmericasTeam81 likes this.
  8. Star Guard_31

Star Guard_31 Well-Known Member

571 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    That's not remotely close to true. Zuerlein made 90% of his FGs once over the past 6 years. He hasn't even had three 90% years over his entire career, let alone three years in a row.

JBell likes this.
  9. bark

bark Well-Known Member

5,880 Messages
    6,986 Likes Received
    Hey we are loaded in at least one position

10. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

22,244 Messages
    15,734 Likes Received
    I think I would have dropped a 7th round pick on a kicker.

11. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

7,245 Messages
    7,332 Likes Received
    ya,,, I never understand the distain by improving an area of the roster no matter what position.
    Adding Greg the Leg was a fine addition.

Texas_Pete likes this.
  12. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

16,630 Messages
    28,431 Likes Received
    Your accuracy percentage is understanding posts is a lot worse than either guy.

Forbath has 19 attempts past 50 in seven seasons in the NFL. That's because his coaches know he can't do it, so if he was taking more of those low percentage chances his overall percentage would come down.

If Forbath was only used on extra points, his percentage would look great. But that doesn't make him a better kicker.

13. JBell

JBell That's still my Quarterback

5,586 Messages
    6,515 Likes Received
    A lot of fans are letting name recognition and fantasy football cloud their judgement.

They had a cheaper, superior option already signed, but went with the name brand.

Star Guard_31 likes this.
  14. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

16,630 Messages
    28,431 Likes Received
    There is a still time!

There are two guys who are rated highly enough to be drafted, that is what I was hoping would happen. But we have plenty of cap room, I'm happier with Zuerlein if Fassel endorsed him.

15. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

7,245 Messages
    7,332 Likes Received
    Indeed, maybe it catches on we have "The Arm".. at the QB position.

Risen Star likes this.
  16. NorthwestDallas40

NorthwestDallas40 rpatricc

6,034 Messages
    8,784 Likes Received
    Hmmm I’m thinking for myself. I’m thinking that one kicker was cut by 5 different teams in 7 years, was on the street twice in 2019, and can barely reach the end zone on kickoffs. And one kicker has never been cut before, has been an all pro, and can assure no opponent will ever return a kickoff for a TD or start any possession beyond the 25 yard line... But please quote back to me how important that 86% vs 82% career FG percentage difference between them is.

17. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

24,312 Messages
    17,305 Likes Received
    There we go. He had a down year last year, but was 86 percent of above on field goals the previous three. Let him and Forbath compete and let's see what happens. Best man wins.

Kaiser likes this.
  18. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

17,793 Messages
    18,800 Likes Received
    I thought Kai did a good job last year and earned himself a shot at the job this year. Greg the leg is a heck of a K, and I hope he has healed from the foot injury. I will be interested in seeing how this plays out. Honestly we should've kept Dan.

Pantone282C and Kaiser like this.
  19. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

16,630 Messages
    28,431 Likes Received
    An option that was so superior, every NFL GM had him sitting at home 12 games into the season.

I'm glad he kicked well here, but it was 10 kicks over 3 games. Lets not soil ourselves because of that small of a sample size.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member

16,630 Messages
    28,431 Likes Received
    Draft day trade. We are stocking up on Kickers like the Raiders are stocking up on ex-Cowboys.

CowboyStar88 likes this.