Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign K Greg Zeurlein

aikemirv

Reaction score
forbath was good in limited opportunity last year but has not been great his career, this is an upgrade, and when games are on the line, I’d prefer the better kicker
Forbath has better career numbers.

aikemirv

Reaction score
In case Greg the leg didn’t leave LA and someone picked up forbath leaving us with Maher again or worse?

Looks like Forbath is only a 137K commitment.

People tend to complain about everything around here!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeurlein had a foot injury last year. Prior 3 years, he had hit 90% of his FGs and was an all pro. He has deep range that Forbath does not. And obviously, Bones knows the most about him and wanted him. Likely, his price came down significantly, so we give up the $137k to Forbath as a sunk cost, and pounced to get the better kicker. After the Maher debacle last year, and the fact that Forbath was on the street for a while before we got him (meaning our small sample size with him may not have been indicative of his true ability), how you or anyone can complain about this signing is beyond me.

Well considering I was calling for Maher to be replaced for a year and to replace him with Forbath I'd say it's you that needs to shut the piehole.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
forbath was good in limited opportunity last year but has not been great his career, this is an upgrade, and when games are on the line, I’d prefer the better kicker
When I am in front of the TV on Sunday pissing and moaning..

I want a better kicker also.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Greg Z career FG %- 82%
Forbath career FG %- 86.7%

Greg contract- 7.2M
Kai contract- $1M

Career numbers don't mean a lot if Forbath is on his 6th team. And Forbath's stats would be much, much worse if he had the same number of attempts from 50+ that most kickers do.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys more than doubled their cap dollars at K for a guy who may or may not be better than what they had. If you go back a couple of years he was. Last year he wasn't.

Outstanding. Now how about actually improving your team?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A better kicking percentage doesn't mean anything if you played on a bunch of teams.

cowboyec

Reaction score
has ties to our steams coach...not surprised.
the competition for that spot is gonna be a real Forbath!!!

Reaction score
Well considering I was calling for Maher to be replaced for a year and to replace him with Forbath I'd say it's you that needs to shut the piehole.

I think I’ll go with the judgment of the special teams coach who coached the guy for 7 years over your opinion. But thanks for weighing in.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
There will be no competition. You don't sign a kicker for 3 years and give him $7.5 million to come in and compete for the job. He is our kicker now. Forbath is the camp leg auditioning for other teams. That is if he isn't released first. They may eat the $137,000 to get the $1 million+ in cap space back.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
And was a free agent in mid season........

Be that as it may, there's been one season in Kai Forbath's career where he's kicked below 80%. Zuerlein had two seasons in the low 70% range and another in the mid-60% neighborhood over the exact same period. of time. That's an apples to apples comparison because they're both 32 year old kickers who entered the league in 2012.

The only reason Zuerlein's career percentage is even in the low 80s is because he houdinied a 93% and 95% season half a decade apart. Zuerlein has been a model of inconsistency.