Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign K Greg Zeurlein

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I already stated how I felt about that. He has been with 6 teams in 8 seasons. If those numbers are the be all end all he wouldn't need to find a new job every season.
You trust NFL executives to make smart decisions to much.

The most important #’s in this situation Forbath makes 86.6% of his kicks>Zuerlien makes only 82% of his kicks!

I would have signed them both for about the same amount and told them, the player that wins the kicking competition will receive a large bonus at the end of the season. The loser should get picked up by another team, if you kick we’ll.

This way, there really will be a kicking competition, which is a good thing. The way Dallas structured the two contracts and the fact Zuerlien’s X coach is our new Special Teams coach, there is no way Forbath sticks around for a rigged kicking competition.

Proof

Reaction score
Will Dallas honor his contract if they like Zuerlien better in preseason? No

yeah that’s kind of the point. What are you arguing man? If zuerlein looks better then that’s a good thing and bye Kai. If he doesn’t then bye Greg.

vnick

Reaction score
Forbath will not stick around for a kicking competition stacked against him. This is not complicated!

He doesn't have a choice unless he never signed the contract that was reported. He's under contract. He sticks around or doesn't play for anyone. If he just leaves, the Cowboys place him on the did not report list unless they are just nice and release him.

garyv

Reaction score

Overall Forbath for for 1.5 mil and Zuerlien for 2.5 mil at a total of 4 mil really not that bad now keeping both probably not smart what would happen in the pre-season Forbath goes 4 for 4 on FG and makes all his extra points and Zuerline goes 2 for 4 on FG and makes all his extra points who are you keeping ?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Forbath was the better kicker last year.

Would you really take Forbath over Zuerline? Zeurline had an off year, but that is the ONLY reason we have a shot at him. Him and the Ravens kicker have been the best kickers in the NFL over the last several years.

From me, getting Zuerline is an incredible move.

CoachD

Reaction score
Would you really take Forbath over Zuerline? Zeurline had an off year, but that is the ONLY reason we have a shot at him. Him and the Ravens kicker have been the best kickers in the NFL over the last several years.

From me, getting Zuerline is an incredible move.
AGREED!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Having the nickname "the leg" is pretty sweet though. Can't complain about that.

Bro...……...Zuerline is a complete stud. In fantasy football over the last 3 years he has been the #1 kicker off the board and I have targeted him earlier than most. He is a total and complete stud.

garyv

Reaction score
Chris Jones also has a 2 Mllion dollar salary, so there is some pressure on him to start with.

I just know Fassel is a very good ST Coach hes not staying with something very long if it is hurting the team.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Not only is Forbath the more accurate kicker when you subtract their 50+ yard attempts, as you pointed out, but Forbath actually has a better a better conversion percentage from 50+ yards.

Because Zeurlein has three times as many attempts. There is a big difference between a kicker that will get 2 chances a season (like Forbath) to kick a 51 yarder and a guy like Zeurlein that gets a 55 yard attempt every other game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You trust NFL executives to make smart decisions to much.

The most important #’s in this situation Forbath makes 86.6% of his kicks>Zuerlien makes only 82% of his kicks!

I would have signed them both for about the same amount and told them, the player that wins the kicking competition will receive a large bonus at the end of the season. The loser should get picked up by another team, if you kick we’ll.

This way, there really will be a kicking competition, which is a good thing. The way Dallas structured the two contracts and the fact Zuerlien’s X coach is our new Special Teams coach, there is no way Forbath sticks around for a rigged kicking competition.

Only on a Cowboys forum would fans actually be acting upset that the Cowboys signed Zeurlien. And somehow try to prove that Forbath can hold a candle to Zeurlien.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
yeah that’s kind of the point. What are you arguing man? If zuerlein looks better then that’s a good thing and bye Kai. If he doesn’t then bye Greg.
My point is there will not be a kicking competition.

I’m sure Forbath can see with Zuerlien’s contract and his X coach as our Special Teams coach he has little chance of winning a rigged kicking competition.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Only on a Cowboys forum would fans actually be acting upset that the Cowboys signed Zeurlien. And somehow try to prove that Forbath can hold a candle to Zeurlien.
I actually hope Zeurlien is better than Forbath this next year because I am pretty sure with the contract he signed and our new Special Teams coach he will be our kicker, but over the course of their careers Forbath has been the more consistent kicker at putting the ball between the uprights, which is the most important thing a kicker does.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Overall Forbath for for 1.5 mil and Zuerlien for 2.5 mil at a total of 4 mil really not that bad now keeping both probably not smart what would happen in the pre-season Forbath goes 4 for 4 on FG and makes all his extra points and Zuerline goes 2 for 4 on FG and makes all his extra points who are you keeping ?

You've got to keep TC practices in mind as well and look at the sum total. If Zuerlein is going 5-5 in practices almost every day and then goes 2-4 in the preseason games, that would be better than Forbath going 4-5 in practice almost every day and 4-4 in preseason games.

One of the reasons that we cut Bailey is because he was struggling in preseason practices in 2017. Maher wasn't the perfect answer but he was doing at least as well, had the bigger leg and cost much less.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Because Zeurlein has three times as many attempts. There is a big difference between a kicker that will get 2 chances a season (like Forbath) to kick a 51 yarder and a guy like Zeurlein that gets a 55 yard attempt every other game.
What is your point?