Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Kony Ealy

jrumann59

Reaction score
So management wants to talk to dez about his contract , which I agree , they need to do this with Crawford also
I mean in Crawford's defense the FO has botched the DL so much he has had to play DE if anything that is a wash. He has logged enough snaps to be paid as DE.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Excellent work IMHO. No matter how this turns out I will always support this type of signing. Would be nice to know the numbers but they are almost irrelevant.

Agreed.

It's all about increasing the overall quality of depth across the line and this helps accomplish that.

Reactions: CWR

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Ealy seemed to be developing well early in his career. In his 2nd season, he had 3 sacks and an interception in the Super Bowl loss to the Broncos. Inexplicably, after recording 12 sacks (playoffs included) in his first 2 seasons, he lost the starting job to undrafted Wes Horton in his 3rd season, and then was traded away to the Patriots prior to his 4th year. The Patriots cut him after training camp, and he was claimed off waivers by the Jets, who tried to play him OLB instead of DE, and he didn't do well playing out of position.

Something happened between year 2 and year 3 of Ealy's career, and we don't know what that was. There is some speculation in this fan article that Ealy is better on the Left side, and the Panthers already had Charles Johnson there. But Ealy doesn't buy into that according to the article. There is a bit of a mystery here as to why Ealy suddenly regressed in 2016, which caused the Panthers to give up on him. Inquiring minds want to know.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If he is like he was in the SB he will be great in our rotation. Hope he works in our system.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Depending on the figures for Ealy here is how I would rank our offseason acquisitions:

Fleming
Hurns
Thomas
Ealy
Martin

Thompson

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Really? They signed this JAG? lol, dude wouldn't be on my peewee league practice squad.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So they drafted a third-round DT and snatched a guy off a practice squad because they just had to replace Crawford? Yeah, that's the way you do it. You ever heard of a thing called depth?

Makes sense. Keep 8
Two years ago he was.

You just box score scout which is extremely sily lmao. Those kind of posters dont get taken seriously

As opposed to the real internet scouts here? Been a fan for almost 40 years and have seen all types of DLinemen. Sorry if my opinion doesn’t measure up to yours. Good luck with your Patriots interview.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Makes sense. Keep 8

As opposed to the real internet scouts here? Been a fan for almost 40 years and have seen all types of DLinemen. Sorry if my opinion doesn’t measure up to yours. Good luck with your Patriots interview.

It's all good. I was just trying to educate!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Correct.

However, Carolina traded him to NE in 2017, but he was waived after the 2017 preseason and later claimed by the Jets.

In other words, he was not able to stick with NE during the preseason — even on their practice squad.

You might wanna bone up on deductive reasoning.
Again that's not how it works. He wasn't ever going to be on a practice squad because he was going to be on someone's roster.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? They signed this JAG? lol, dude wouldn't be on my peewee league practice squad.

With that kind of judgment your peewee league team would have to suck.

Nobody is saying Ealy is a star. Contrary to the belief of some, free agency is about much more than signing stars, and far and away the bulk of free agents signed around the league are not stars. There are 53 roster spots to fill, and Ealy will fill one of those and likely be a nice rotational piece on the DL.

Jipper

Reaction score

hmm...a bit out of touch are we?

He played in a bad system for his ability last year and we got him on the cheap for a 1 year prove it deal. he provides depth and has good expereince; additionally, he is a guy that Marinelli sees a lot of value in for what he wants to do with his scheme.

keep on being negative

Reactions: CWR

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Benson Mayowa's replacement. Thats who this is. He has far more potential than he did

TheBigEasy

Reaction score

There's always one in every crowd. I'm sure we can raise enough $ to entice Mr. Ealy to line up across from you during one of your 'peewee' league practices. I'm will to bet that the true JAG doesn't show up for his peewee practice.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
With that kind of judgment your peewee league team would have to suck.

Nobody is saying Ealy is a star. Contrary to the belief of some, free agency is about much more than signing stars, and far and away the bulk of free agents signed around the league are not stars. There are 53 roster spots to fill, and Ealy will fill one of those and likely be a nice rotational piece on the DL.

My PeeWee league has more Super Bowls than the Yankees has Championships. Kony sucks.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
There's always one in every crowd. I'm sure we can raise enough $ to entice Mr. Ealy to line up across from you during one of your 'peewee' league practices. I'm will to bet that the true JAG doesn't show up for his peewee practice.

Kony sucks. I'm GOD.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
hmm...a bit out of touch are we?

He played in a bad system for his ability last year and we got him on the cheap for a 1 year prove it deal. he provides depth and has good expereince; additionally, he is a guy that Marinelli sees a lot of value in for what he wants to do with his scheme.

keep on being negative

No, he sucks. I remember when he was in the draft. He freaking sucked, but so many people look at College success and think it translates. No, it doesn't. Specific traits do, and he didn't have them. Kony sucks.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My PeeWee league has more Super Bowls than the Yankees has Championships. Kony sucks.

LOL - a career peewee coach who never even moved up the ranks with his kids. Yep, you're qualified to decide on NFL players alright!

Jipper

Reaction score
No, he sucks. I remember when he was in the draft. He freaking sucked, but so many people look at College success and think it translates. No, it doesn't. Specific traits do, and he didn't have them. Kony sucks.

ha, you are funny, keep stirring the pot