Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign La'el Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustChip

Reaction score
So you sign a guy who probably is still familiar with the terminology of the offense, and who at times in his career has excelled, and who is still relatively young.

No problem with that.

Bengals cut him b/c didn't want to wait all year for him to be an asset... especially, given his salary.

If McClay and McCarthy are satisfied he's past his injury... and it appears they are...

What's the problem here? I see none.
Yes, sir. Most CZers that would be against this move would be all for it if it was a player from another team that had the same history.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
UHh ok, not sure how this really helps. But still better than doing nothing on Oline.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I just wonder if this reflects poorly on Asim Richards.
I don't think so. Richards is a rookie with almost no reps. If the need arises in the playoffs it's better to put an 86 game starter out there than a guy whose last major action was against Raiders third stringers in August.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think so. Richards is a rookie with almost no reps. If the need arises in the playoffs it's better to put an 86 game starter out there than a guy whose last major action was against Raiders third stringers in August.
May be right but then you'd have to explain why he's been inactive on game days for months.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
May be right but then you'd have to explain why he's been inactive on game days for months.
Because Edoga, the vet we brought in to serve in that swing role, has been healthy, and Bass is a better guard than Richards. Frankly, I'd rather see Richards out there at LT than Edoga, but Edoga is a multi-position player with his ability to fill in poorly at LT, G and RT. I could see this reunion with Collins resulting in him being next year's primary backup since he can also play both tackle spots and guard. Of course, that depends on his health.

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean there is little downside here so I can’t get all worked up about it.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Good signing -- he's played with most of the line previously so he would already have a leg up on others that we brought in. It has been a while since he played guard but my guess is that Smith won't play against Washington. His injury is just about pain management - a full tear gets taped. You can't do more damage at that point. Likely rests until the playoffs and takes a shot on gamedays. If we can insert La'el at LG if Bass goes down or is ineffective, that's a huge upgrade.

I know some of the coaches were down on him -- for good reason at times -- but he's very popular with his teammates.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Actually I like this. He should be better than any tackle outside the starters we have currently on the roster. And if they really wanted to, they could play him at Guard and move 73 out to tackle. Good back up depth headed into the playoffs.
He can't be any worse then Steele has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.