Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign LB Joe Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

conner01

Reaction score
A two year deal to top it off, I hope we have an option to cut on the second year.
Why can’t we just do 1 year prove it deals for these no names or washed up players, instead of creating second year dead money after they get cut ( Nolan and company)
Maybe they wanted him for 2 yrs
Doubt there is enough guaranteed money to matter

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I don’t understand the sarcasm.

They lost Wilber a special teams contributor mostly and replaced him with a vet lb with a little experience who if he makes the team and he gameday roster will fill that role.

Not sure why anyone would be mad or happy about a signing like this. Seems like normal nfl operations.

Keith smith and Kyle Wilber role players with big st responsibilities leave in free agency and are replaced by olawale and Thomas. Pretty standard stuff

conner01

Reaction score
Wow. He had 70 the year before. Only started 1 game in 2017 after starting 7 in 2016. Demoted?

14 tackles?

Wow.

We traded for a fullback we once cut and our first free agent signing is someone we had before as well, who had 14 whole tackles last year.

You can't make this stuff up.
I don’t think we cut the FB
Wasn’t he signed off PS?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
So when we don't sign players, we're awful.

When we do sign players, we're awful.

Got it.

Not an exciting signing by any means, but when you don't have money, you can't expect premium players.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Yes. This is like the week after Christmas and all remaining unwanted toys are on clearance!

conner01

Reaction score

They lost Wilber a special teams contributor mostly and replaced him with a vet lb with a little experience who if he makes the team and he gameday roster will fill that role.

Not sure why anyone would be mad or happy about a signing like this. Seems like normal nfl operations.

Keith smith and Kyle Wilber role players with big st responsibilities leave in free agency and are replaced by olawale and Thomas. Pretty standard stuff
But *****ing about them is more fun

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I expect you all to be thoroughly inspired by this roster changing move .
You WILL Like it I tell you. I won't hear any negativity....

Carson

Reaction score

It’s not Joe Thomas per say. Joe Thomas is fine and good depth.

But we still have glaring holes at LG, MLB, FS.

Yes, the draft is in April. But most know you’re expecting a lot to draft a day one starting LG, MLB etc.

If we sign guys like Derrick Johnson, Tre Boston, Allen Hurns than everyone is ok with Joe Thomas.

But like years past, we know it’s likely to be Joe Thomas and two other special teams guys.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
A two year deal to top it off, I hope we have an option to cut on the second year.
Why can’t we just do 1 year prove it deals for these no names or washed up players, instead of creating second year dead money after they get cut ( Nolan and company)
Because you want control in year 2. Should a player over perform year 1.

You're way off base here.

tm1119

Reaction score
Hopefully this did just the Wilber replacement and the Hitchens replacement (Bowman) is still to come. But can’t go into the draft without at least another respectable LB on the roster

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score

Pretty much. They're just replacing ST guys with other ST guys. Not anything to fuss about.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
It’s not Joe Thomas per say. Joe Thomas is fine and good depth.

But we still have glaring holes at LG, MLB, FS.

Yes, the draft is in April. But most know you’re expecting a lot to draft a day one starting LG, MLB etc.

If we sign guys like Derrick Johnson, Tre Boston, Allen Hurns than everyone is ok with Joe Thomas.

But like years past, we know it’s likely to be Joe Thomas and two other special teams guys.

They are not going to use free agency for big money players. We all know that. Why they turn their back to this option of talent acquisition I have no idea.

On the flip side they are really bad at evaluating free agents so I guess not signing any keeps you from a bad contract/player

Still makes me laugh though they gave big money to hardy. Makes their free agent approach ridiculous when they were willing to sign the nfl’s #1 villain.

Carson

Reaction score
Hopefully this did just the Wilber replacement and the Hitchens replacement (Bowman) is still to come. But can’t go into the draft without at least another respectable LB on the roster

Likely it’s Wilber’s replacement.

Right now we have

Starters : Lee, Smith, Wilson
Subs : Thomas, March-Lillard

So we have our depth special team guys

Carson

Reaction score
They are not going to use free agency for big money players. We all know that. Why they turn their back to this option of talent acquisition I have no idea.

On the flip side they are really bad at evaluating free agents so I guess not signing any keeps you from a bad contract/player

Still makes me laugh though they gave big money to hardy. Makes their free agent approach ridiculous when they were willing to sign the nfl’s #1 villain.

In all honesty, I don’t even think Stephen and Jerry have a plan.

They probably thought, crap we haven’t signed anybody. We better get going!

Status
Not open for further replies.